Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls

***Amaya's POV***

I remember going in livid. My focus on retrieving my plane. The next thing I recalled was steering my plane in the air mid flight. I was already on my way back to Luffy and the others. What just happened? Did I blackout from rage?

When I returned to the ship, they were already outside of G-8 base. I landed the aircraft, tied it up, and went straight to my room. I ignored all of the looks I received filled with questions. Chi joined me as soon as I landed, following me to my bed. She could sense something was wrong.

I sat on my bed, pulling my knees up to my chest. I was afraid of what I just did. Did I actually kill all those marines?

"Chi," my voice weakly called out. "I don't remember what I did. Do you think I?" I couldn't finish the thought allowed, but she got the idea as she came over to snuggle with me.

Exhaustion fell over me, and I fell asleep, holding Chi close to me as if afraid she would abandon me. I dreamt of what happened back at the base. I had brought out a lot of lightning, which I didn't bother to hold back. I fried many people, but not enough to kill them at least. Despite that, they were seriously injured. I guess you could say I 'stormed' the base. Yeah, no too soon.

I wasn't my usual self, but I need to forgive myself for failing this once. I need to get stronger. Not just physically but mentally as well. I shouldn't have gotten that mad after seeing my plane missing. It's important, yes, but I need to control my feelings and not let them control me into being something that I'm not.

I got up, feeling as if everything was back to normal, which thankfully it was. I'll need to explain what happened to the others, but I trust them to not hate me for my actions, especially Luffy.

When I arrived on deck, everyone was normal. Luffy was sitting on his favorite seat, the masthead, Zoro was napping on the deck, Nami was watching the weather, Robin was reading in a chair, Usopp and Chopper were fishing, and from the smell of things Sanji was cooking.

"Good morning!" I call out to them like always.

"Ama!" Luffy called out to me with his usual grin before slingshotting himself over to wrap me up in a hug.

I hug in return. "Sorry for worrying you. I was too upset. Thank you for always being there." I told him.

He pulled back with a semi serious look. "Of course! I'll always be there! That was our promise when we were kids, right? Shishishi." He started to laugh at the end, happy to see me okay.

I smiled. "Yeah, it sure was." I could see the tense in everyone's shoulders as they all heard our conversation.

"Chi!" Chi sprinted towards me coming out of the bedroom I left her in. "Chi chi chi chi Chi!" She squeaked part in irritation and concern.

"I'm okay Chi, thanks for asking. I remembered everything after I fell asleep. I charred a lot of them, but I didn't actually kill anyone." I explained to her. She gave a sigh in relief before jumping up to her spot on my shoulder. I gave her a head rub in thanks for her constant support. I don't know what I'd do without her.

"So what's the plan for today?" I question the strawhat.

"Come join me at my favorite spot!" Luffy invited me to sit next to him on the headmast. I gladly did, knowing that this ship was going to be around for too much longer. I start to think about future events, trying to remember everything I could about them. Even if I could remember everything from such a long time ago, it wouldn't be the same since I'm not a part of the story along with Chi.

***Time Skip of A Couple Weeks Brought to You by Chibi Chi, Ama, & Luffy on Merry's Head***

Well it's been much longer than I thought it was going to be before we headed to Water 7. I'd forgotten about a couple of side stories that happened in between G-8 and Water 7.