Chapter 66: Into the Deep

***Amaya's POV***

"IT'S THE KRAKEN!!!" Usopp screeched.

It wasn't wrong, but my eardrums were nearly ringing with the volume level of the sniper.

The kraken was a muted orange color, his looming tentacles were in coils surrounding the nearby waters. Many bubbles were rising from the depths from the movements of the creature and the surging underwater waterfall behind him.

Brook and Chopper soon joined in the screaming.

"How huge! The monster octopus!" Usopp changed the type of creature in his panic. Now I'm curious which is it? I'm not that knowledgeable of sea creatures, especially since I've had to avoid the actual salt water in this life.

"Looks like he's broken a whole bunch of ships." Franky comments with resentment lacing his tone. Holding the knowledge of another shipwright, I could tell by his scowl that he was angry at the sight of all that hard work going down the drain. "Ships that had left for the New World have been attacked!"

"Please! I don't wanna die! Go back!" Our idiotic captive shouted at our backs. He was attempting to jump up the stairs despite his restraints. "If you just wait for a few days, it would-"

"Shut up!" Luffy snapped before turning to face us with a grin. "I have a good idea!"

I laughed, knowing where he was going with this. "Just take it easy on him, Lu." Chi sighed on my shoulder, having figured it out already.

Nami raised an eyebrow at us.

"Let's tame him!" Luffy announced, answering their curiosity.

"Huh?" They all chorused, expect Robin as usual.

"What did you say, Luffy?!" Usopp ordered dramatically.

"Let's tame the octopus and make him pull our ship!"

"N-No way!" Usopp launched into trying to explain why it was a bad idea. Naturally, it fell on deaf ears belonging to the one and only Monkey D Luffy. Chopper just had tears streaming down his face in the meanwhile.

Brook took a different approach. He was sitting on the tree swing on deck, holding a cup of tea. "It has no bones and I'm a skeleton without any flesh," he started to mumble. He paused on his swing. "It's the polar opposite of me."

I snickered as Usopp yelled at him. I was chilling next to the rail with Robin and Franky as Robin tried to sketch the creature.

"Hm, you're pretty good." He commented.

"Well, you don't see this kind of thing often."

"So relaxed!" Chopper yelled in our general vicinity. I just smiled at him.

Zoro finally voiced his thoughts. "I'll help you but do you have a plan, Luffy?"

I looked to Luffy who was staring at the creature with a thinking face. Oh wow, he really has grown up. How long will it last?

He raised his hand to his chin. "The problem is that we're in the sea."

Usopp paled, waving his hand in front of his face slowly. "No. No. No. The problem is the size of it." He desperately tried again to convince Luffy. "It would be dangerous even if we were on land."

"Shift the helm to the south!" Nami commanded.

"Hey, Nami, go straight towards the octopus!" Luffy ordered in return, striking a pose as he did.

"Don't be a fool! The octopus will-"

"Whoa, whoa, Nami-san." Sanji interrupted. "I'm her for...for...you." He struggled to hold in his rushing blood when seeing her.