Chapter 5: Our Dreams!

***Amaya's POV*** 

I woke up early and headed down to bake a strawberry cake, since it was Dadan's favorite flavor. This isn't the first time I've bribed her, and it probably won't be the last.

I used ingredients I found in the kitchen, also taking note of which spices and herbs we were running low on. I will collect some more later today.

I made one large strawberry cake, three small cakes, and one mini cake. Once I was done, I went back to our room with the food in my hands. I placed them down by my things and went back to sleep next to Ace.

A little while later I was woken up by Dogra and Magra yelling at the boss to come here. They were standing at our door, so they finally noticed that there was another kid.

I stayed comfortable on my spot on the floor but was paying attention. I heard Dadan enter the room and notice that there were more bodies than kids she was in charge of watching.

She counted 1,2,3 a couple of times before switching to our names. "Luffy, Ace, Amaya, huh?" She would name us looking at each in turn before getting stumped on Sabo's figure under the blanket. She repeated it about twenty times before losing it.

"Ace! Luffy! Who is this?" She yelled.

Luffy sat up. "Who's what?" He asked before falling back asleep.

Ace sat up next. "It's still early. You're too loud." Ace complained before laying back down.

Sabo sat up then just laid back down.

"How come there is one more kid? Who are you?" Dadan questioned.

Sabo sat back up, and I made myself too.

"Are you talking about me?" He asked, rubbing an eye. "I'm Sabo! Hey, you must be Dadan!" He spoke while slightly waking up.

I walked over to grab the large cake I made while she was still focused on Sabo.

"Sabo? I've heard that name before." She claimed.

"Oh yeah? That makes it easier! Thank you for taking care of me from today!" He said with a smile.

"'Taking care'? Don't tell me that you're gonna stay here."

Knowing where this conversation was about to become an argument. I stepped in.

"Dadan," I called, getting her attention. I held up the cake for her. "This is for you. As a thank you for letting Sabo stay here I'll make you one every week!" I said with a smile, hoping that she'll agree peacefully.

She paused looking at the cake before looking back and forth between Sabo and I. She grabbed the cake from my hands. "Only because it would be a waste otherwise." She said leaving the room.

"Thank you, Dadan!" Sabo called to her back.

They closed the door, and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Whew, that went better than I hoped." I said.

"So you can bake too?" Sabo asks.

"Yup, I help out at a bakery in town sometimes, so I've picked up quite a few recipes." I smiled.

"Nice, you've got many talents. Too bad we couldn't try any of that cake though. It looked good." He sighed.

"That's not the case." I said, going to pick up one of the small cakes. "I made small ones for you guys too."

At the mention of food Ace and Luffy also popped up.

"Food!" Luffy yelled.

I grabbed the rest of the small cakes and handed one to both Sabo and Luffy who came over. I then walked over to Ace to hand him his.