1. Rao Meera Singh

As I promised you all, here I am with my new book. I hope you all like it. 

______________________

There was a rustling noise in the Rao's mansion. Servants were on their toes to make sure they didn't make any mistakes. The mansion was decorated beautifully with flowers and curtains while three elders were busy with their talks sitting on the couch, keeping an eye on all the arrangements.

"Why would such a big family choose her?" Sunaina put forth her concern.

"We don't need to worry about that. The only thing we care about is that we finally going to get rid of her." Kamini Devi said looking at the door and waiting for their arrival.

"We have to make sure this relationship doesn't get out of our hands. If our name gets connected to theirs, we are gonna swim in money." Prashant said leaning back on the couch.

"Dad is right. Relation with them means profit not just in business but in class also." Vishal said coming downstairs.

Soon, their talks were cut short when they heard a doorbell indicating the arrival of their most awaited guest.

Clad in a yellow anarkali suit, silver jhumkas dangling from her ear, a black bindi between her small kajal-adorned eyes, soft pink lips, yellow velvety bangles clinking on her wrist, a tiny sound coming from her anklets as she was moving across the room in nervousness while trying to adjust her dupatta.

"I am scared." A sweet honey-like like voice said "Why would they choose me? I am nothing in front of their son." She said with her chest heaving up and down in nervousness.

"Relax Meera!! You are so beautiful. Why would you even think such a thing? They are going to love you." Anu said trying to boost her sister-in-law's confidence.

"We both know the truth Bhabhi," Meera said as her face changed from nervous to blank in an instant.

Their talks were cut short as the door was knocked and opened soon by a maid.

"Guests have arrived mam. Sir has asked for you to come downstairs with Meera mam." The maid said looking down with her hands bound together and kept formally on her stomach.

Anu nodded at her and the maid left soon.

Anu went to Meera and held her hand in hers "Let's go, Meera. Remember, whatever happens, happens for good." She said and her feet moved with Meera's while she just nodded.

As Meera was descending downstairs with Anu, her mind went back to the news she heard 3 days before.

Meera came home from her college when she found her whole family sitting on the couch waiting for her. She looked at them and her heart raced a mile per hour seeing the look on their face. She knew some big news was coming her way.

"We got another proposal for you. They are coming this Sunday to meet you." Prashant, her tauji said. (Tauji – Father's brother).

"You better not destroy it this time. Or I am going to get you to marry some old drunkard." Kamini Devi spits out such a harsh word on her granddaughter.

Meera's heart sank on hearing the old lady. She never knew why they all hated her but listening to such words from her family every time breaks her.

Meera didn't have the courage to ask anything about the family that was coming to see her. She felt a stinging pain in the back of her throat. She just nodded her head conveying her message and went to her room.

It was 10 at night, she was working on her laptop when she heard a knock on her room. She stood up hastily from her bed and hid her laptop under the bed as no one knew at her house about the laptop she got from her scholarship.