56. His office

Happiest birthday Bhumi.

______

 It was a day off for Meera and she was sitting idly in her room surfing through her phone when she got a call from Aashrit. She smiled seeing his name displaying on her screen and attended the call instantly.

"Hello, Aashrit ji." She said excitedly only to hear a chuckle.

"Hello, Meri Bulbul. What are you doing?" He asked.

Meera smiled at his sweet tone "Nothing. Just scrolling videos on my phone."

"Baby I forgot a very important file. Can you please bring it to my office?" He said.

"I'll give it to Adwait this instant." She said standing from the bed.

"No babe. It's really important. Once it leaves our room, it should only be handed to me and no one else." He said in a serious voice and Meera nodded in understanding.

"Ok, I'll bring it," Meera said and cut the call.

Meera ran to the wardrobe and got dressed in a blue-colored suit leggings with heels and left her hair open. She took her dupatta settled it on her shoulder and left the room. Once she reached downstairs, she found Adwait already there waiting for her.

"Boss has already called me. I'll be dropping you to his office." He said and Meera nodded at him.

Meera settled in the car and they left the mansion when Adwait spoke.

"once you enter the office, you have to go straight and then take the first turn and you'll see an elevator. Press the 50th button and it'll lead you to the boss's cabin." He said as they traveled some distance.

"Aren't you coming with me?" Meera questioned.

"No, I had some work." He said.

Meera suddenly got nervous. It was for the first time she was going to visit him and the thought of visiting alone was scaring her. She didn't know how is employees would react or think. She decided to just walk straight to the elevator without talking to anyone and it would be easy that way.

She came out of her thoughts once the car stopped. Meera took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. Adwait waved her a bye and he left leaving her alone with her anxiety.

She entered his building and got nervous on seeing everyone in professional attire while she was wearing such a heavy suit. She felt out of place and her feet stuck. Her breath quickened thinking about the calculative gaze that would judge her once she walked inside. Her hand sweat and she looked down to see the file in her hand. She remembered the file was important and Aashrit needed it. She decided to fight her fear and took some steps inside.

She closed her eyes in embarrassment when her anklets made noise in the silent environment of the building. She decided to walk fast and just get out of the situation as soon as possible. But before she could get away from their sight

"Who are you?" Meera heard a voice and turned to look at the receptionist looking at her with a Calculative gaze.

Meera shut her eyes as she knew she successfully grabbed everyone's attention. Meera walked slowly to the receptionist while trying to call Aashrit.

"Where are you sneaking?" The receptionist asked and Meera felt humiliated with the tone she used.

"I wasn't sneaking," Meera said in a low voice even though she knew deep down that she was trying to sneak in.

" Now you are proving me a liar." The receptionist said in a loud voice gaining unwanted attention.

Meera looked down at her phone and saw it being attended by Aashrit. She put the phone on her ear and before she could speak, her phone was snatched from her hand.