5. His Palace

Please read Author's note at the end.

_____________

 The car entered the large iron gates of the Aalha Mahal of Malwa. Meera looked outside the window and was mesmerized by the beauty in front of her. She has seen the Aalha Mahal in pictures but she never imagined entering it, let alone staying in it as the future queen. The drive to the Mahal from its gates was huge approx 2 km through a narrow but wide enough concrete driveway surrounded by street lamps and flowers on the side, beyond that was grass spreaded till the eyes could capture. The whole driveway was lit up like the sun had risen in the night.

Soon, they reached near the entrance of Aalha Mahal and Meera's breath hitched on seeing the beauty. The pictures did no justice to the beauty of Aalha Mahal. It was an old-style Mahal but designed according to modern taste. Fairy lights were lightening it up and flowers were increasing its beauty tenfold. The carvings on the wall were not clear due to the lack of light and the distance but she made sure to watch them closely and carefully one day.

While Meera was busy capturing the beauty of Aalha Mahal, Aashrit was lost in the beauty of his wife who was looking around like an excited child. Finally, he saw an expression other than a blank one for the first time today and he was contended. He couldn't comprehend how she was affecting him so much but he knew he had to control these feelings before they got out of his control.

And soon he saw her expression changing from mesmerized to nervous and then to blank. He was angry at the change of expression and looked outside to find his whole family waiting at the door of the Mahal. He took a last look at his wife and came out of the car as his side of the door was opened by the driver. As the driver was moving towards Meera's door, Aashrit signaled him not to. Aashrit looked around and saw some media person to whom he didn't want to give any gossip or maybe he wanted to do anything to stay a little close to his wife without showing his weird obsession.

He walked towards the other side and opened Meera's door. He held his hand for her to take which made Meera look up at him with those innocent eyes. She then looked behind him and saw his family and relatives excitedly watching their interaction. Not wanting to cause any embarrassment to him or herself, she silently took his hand in hers and came out of the car. Some flashes blinded her eyes which were soon blocked by her husband's hand in front of her eyes. And soon, there were no flashes and no sound either. She looked at Aashrit only to find him dangerously glaring at the media person. She didn't know the reason behind it but she was glad that at least she was safe from that unwanted attention. Aashrit held her hand and they both walked towards the entrance where the whole family was waiting with teasing smiles on their faces which was ignored by Aashrit. Rashmi did all the rituals for the newly wedded and welcomed her to the family.

Soon, all the rituals were done and everyone seemed exhausted.

"All rituals for today are done. Now let the groom and bride go to their room." Anika said yawning.

"Yeah, you are right Anika. And although you must be tired beta, tomorrow you have your first rasoi ceremony so please try to wake up early. It's only for tomorrow, after that, you can wake up as per your choice." Rashmi said patting her head to which Meera nodded.

Aashrit was so tired from all the rituals and after hearing that he stood up to go to his room when he was stopped

"Bhai, Where are you going without bhabhi?" Revati said teasingly.

Aashrit turned back and looked at Revati with raised brows. Revati swiftly hides behind Rajveer not able to look at her brother's intimidating eyes and that's when Meera knows he is scary making her have goosebumps on her skin.

"Stop glaring at my gudiya. Would you?" Rajveer said protecting his lovely niece. (Gudiya- Doll)

Aashrit looked at his father shocked at his words.