10. His Family

Meera was in her room wearing the saree her mother-in-law gave her. She had already draped the saree. She turned her back to the mirror only to notice her naked back. The blouse was backless, revealing almost half the back of hers. She made sure that all her blouses didn't reveal her back except this one which came with the saree. She was self-conscious about her acne-scar-filled back. Although they were not much visible it was one of her insecurities. She tried to cover it with the Saree's pallu but it dampened the look of the saree. And she sat on the chair with a thud. Her throat clogged thinking how disgusted everyone would be seeing her back. Although it might not matter to anyone , hearing bad about her body all her life made her self conscious.

She was deep in her thoughts when she heard Aashrit's voice suddenly making her turn back with a jerk making her hair fall freely from her bun

Aashrit knocked at the door "Meera ji, we would be late for the breakfast." He said from outside the wardrobe.

Meera looked in the mirror and saw her straight long black hairs covering her back. She thought it's better than showing her naked back.

She took a breath and opened the door of the wardrobe only to see her husband all decked up for the day.

Aashrit turned as the wardrobe door opened. He looked at Meera clad in a maroon colored saree with red bangles in her hand making her look like a newly wedded girl. Not newly wedded just in the eyes of society but in reality. A newly wedded bride who is loved, devoured, worshipped, and cared for by her husband. He was curious to know from where she was getting all that glow on her face when he wasn't even trying to be a better man let alone be the best husband for her. He looked at her again and his eyes got stuck on the pendant he gifted her. He did not expect her to carry the pendant all the time but this little gesture of hers was fluttering his cold heart.

His staring stopped when he found her going toward the bedside table and taking her phone. Aashrit took a deep breath and shook his head to get rid of all the thoughts he was having. He turned back to look at Meera who was now looking at him. He moved towards the door while Meera followed him behind.

They both were climbing down the stairs in silence when Aashrit slowed down for Meera to match his pace which went unnoticed by Meera who was more worried about her look. He synced her pace with Meera as he walked forward while making sure she was beside him. He looked at her side and saw her long open hairs bouncing as she climbed down the stairs. Some strands of hair were blocking the view of his face from the side which was irritating Aashrit.

"I have to warn you about something!!" Aashrit said and looked at Meera only to find her looking back at him with curious eyes but still no words left her lips.

When he didn't get any verbal response from his wife, he continued "My bua ji Nalini Yaduvanshi still hasn't left. She will be here till my coronation which is in 4-5 days from today." He looked back at her again to find the curiosity still intact. "She doesn't like the daughter-in-law of this house whether it's my mother or aunt, don't know why. Also, she has a bitter tongue. So if she says something hurtful, don't take it to your heart." He looked back at her again to hear some response but she just nodded in return and he huffed. Before he could say something again, he was cut short by an overly enthusiastic voice.