45. Emotions

Hey, I wanted to give you guys a nickname to call you. But nothing is coming to my mind. I don't want to call you all just my readers but something cute and unique.
So, any suggestions??

____________________

Later that day, Meera was in her room making assignments when Aashrit entered the room after his tiring day at the office. He removed his shoes and sat on the couch. Meera shut down her laptop and stood up seeing a distressed look on his face. She poured water into a glass and went in front of him. She forwarded the glass and he looked up at her. He took a deep breath as he took her face in his eyes.

He put the glass aside , pulling her in his lap and put his head on her chest. Meera's hand went to his head and she lightly caressed it.

"Are you fine?" she asked with a concerned look on her face while he just nodded.

"You don't look fine though?" She said again and Aashrit opened his eyes to look at her and noticed a worried expression on her face.

He felt happy seeing her care for him. He never craved anyone's attention or care but with her, everything was different. He loves her efforts. His lips were twitching, threatening to smile but he composed himself.

"Just a little headache ." He said heaving a breath.

Meera made an O face when something struck her mind.

"Get freshen up. I am coming in some minutes."She said and tried to stand up but he tightened his hold.

"Don't leave." He said looking up at her with tired eyes.

"I am not leaving. I am coming till then you get changed." She said with some authority in her voice shocking Aashrit.

And she left the room in a hurry before he could even stop her, leaving him baffled. But he followed her orders and left to freshen up.

When Aashrit came out of the bathroom, he already found Meera in the room waiting for him. As she saw him, she signaled him to come near her while he furrowed his brows.

"Aashrit ji sit here," She said signaling him to sit on the floor while she was sitting at the edge of the bed with folded legs.

He squinted his eyes at her but followed her words.

"Making a king sit in your feet, quite daring you are my queen." He tried to tease her as he sat on the floor with folded legs facing his back to her.

And suddenly he felt a liquid trickling on his scalp and soon her fingers rubbed in his hair and his eyes closed in an instant. "Not a king but my husband." She said massaging his head.

Aashrit's muscle relaxed and tension left his body. He was having a head massage after a very long time. Since he started handling his royal duties, he forgot to live like a normal man and he forgot to enjoy some little things in life. His work detached him from everyone and so did the comfort.

Her fingers and palm were doing magic on his scalp and he was leaning on her lap. Her finger moved to his forehead and she lightly massaged his forehead giving him much relief and soon he was out like a light.

Meera didn't notice him sleeping and kept on massaging his forehead until her hands tired.

"Is it fine or do you want more massage, Aashrit ji?" She asked but on getting no response, she looked at him and found him sleeping peacefully.

She didn't want to disturb his sleep but sleeping like that will pain him later on. She took a piece of cloth and lightly wrapped it on his head to avoid staining his pillows.