48. Thunder

Dekha?? It wasn't a hard target , it's that many people just do not vote. it was literally a 1k votes difference between previous chapter and these last 2 chapters.

Kyun yaar?? Are you not liking the story or what??
_________________

 After a tiring day, Meera was sitting in her room with her phone in hand waiting for Aashrit's call. Suddenly a loud sound of thunder making her almost drop her phone. She stood up from her bed and went towards the balcony only to see outside heavy rain and lightning in the sky. Just the view gave her anxiety and she shut her balcony door and also pulled curtains to avoid any type of sound. She sat on the floor near her bed putting her earphones on and playing some songs only to avoid these sounds but her heart was racing.

She focused on the song to avoid the sounds but the darkness surrounding with the thunder and lightning was not helping her. She shut her eyes only to see the horrifying images in front of her and she opened them instantly. Her breathing was raging with every passing second which forced her to remove her earphones and throw them on the floor. She rubbed her chest to breathe properly.

It wasn't the first time that it was happening to her but every time she had a panic attack it was worse than the previous one and this time she was feeling like she was going to die. Due to an incident in past, she always fear loud voice, thunder and heavy rain. All of this remind her of the past incident which she still not got over. She was getting all the flashes from the past. She tightly clutched her shirt from her chest and took a deep breath while a stream of tears flowed out of her eyes. She heard the sound of a door opening with which a thunder followed making her scream and she covered her ears while putting her face on her knees pulling them near her chest and cried.

Aashrit reached Mahal just some seconds ago from his 2-day trip. He was quite excited to meet Meera after living 2 days away from her. He was supposed to come tomorrow but he couldn't wait more to meet his wife, especially after the stunt she pulled before he left for the trip. He was drenched in rain which he didn't care about as only his wife was running through his mind.

When he was climbing the stairs he heard his mother's voice. He went near her and touched her feet.

"How was your trip beta?" She asked

"Nice" He replied like usual in his one word.

"You and your one-word reply," She said shaking her head "Anyways my daughter is not quite happy since you left so you better make it up for her." She said.

A smile formed on Aashrit's face thinking that he wasn't the only one who was missing her but she was also going through the same turmoil which made Rashmi smile and she left patting his shoulder.

Aashrit was now more than excited and he ran towards his room with a smile on his face.

He opened his room door with a thud only to hear a scream which scared him thinking about her safety. He looked towards the source of the scream and only a head was visible behind the bed. He almost ran there and saw Meera sitting there shivering, her hand on her face which was resting on her knees and he could hear her silent sobs. His heart broke on seeing her in such a condition. He ran towards her calling her name 'Meera'.

Meera looked up on hearing her husband's voice. Aashrit looked at her red tear strikened face while her lips were swollen and plump due to all the crying. He didn't know what to say and just hugged her tight. Meera put her shivering hand around his waist. She somehow felt her racing heart calm. Aashrit rubbed her back and pulled her on his lap. Aashrit felt scared for the first time since he lost his grandfather. He tightly hugged her pulling her close to him when he heard her shivering voice.

"I am scared Aashrit ji," She said stammering.

Aashrit pulled her close to him "Shhh bachha I am here. I am here only." He said trying to calm her.

"This voice. Please please stop it. I am feeling like I am dying." She said clutching his shirt tightly.

Aashrit didn't understand what sound is she talking about. He rubbed her back and kissed her head "What voice baby tell me?" He asked trying to stop whatever was scaring his wife.

Meera took some deep breaths and looked up from his chest only to stare at his concerned eyes with her red swollen eyes "Thunder" She whispered.

Aashrit looked towards the balcony and noticed the door was closed and the curtains were pulled but still sound of thunder was audible.

He looked at the scared face of his wife which was breaking him also. He took Meera down from his lap and stood up. Meera looked at him with a scared face requesting him to stop with his eyes. He went towards bed took a blanket and wrapped it around Meera. He then bent and took Meera in his arms.

"Can you do one thing for me, baby?" He said looking at Meera with utmost love in his eyes while Meera could just nod. "Just shut your eyes close and cover your ears with your hands please until I remove them." He said to her like he was talking to a child and she nodded at him and quickly did as he said.

Aashrit moved out of his room with Meera in his arms and went towards the room beside theirs. It was his study room which is soundproof as he doesn't like any disturbance while working. As he reached the room, he opened the door and moved towards the couch. He sat on the couch and put his feet on the table present in front of them while Meera was in his lap all the time. He then removed Meera's hand from her ears which made Meera open her eyes.

She looked at Aashrit and slowly removed her hand from her ears but heard no sound and then completely removed her hand. She looked around and found herself in his study room. Before she could ask Aashrit spoke "It's soundproof. Whenever it rains, you can come here. The password to the door is our marriage date. You don't need anyone's permission to come here. Not even mine."

Meera looked at him with agony in her eyes. Although she is a strong lady who always fought her battle alone but after a long time Aashrit was the one to comfort her. She finally found someone ready to break her walls. And again, she was feeling a crack in the walls that surrounded her dark secrets. She looked at the concerned eyes of him, there were questions in his eyes but more than that there was fear and care.

A drop of tear fell from her eyes as she felt secure after a long time. And she decided to let go of her walls and open in front of him and she cried. She clutched his waist hard and cried putting her face on his chest.

Aashrit hugged her rubbing her back continuously to calm her down while she was crying with hiccups. Aashrit felt his heart clogging listening to her cry. He didn't know the reason behind her crying and that was hurting him the most. He wanted to know her and destroy every reason which could make her cry.

After a lot of crying, Meera finally stopped while Aashrit was lightly caressing her head giving her much-needed relief. When he realized the silence around the room, he lightly pulled away from the hug and made her look at himself.

He took Meera off his lap and made her sit on the couch. Meera looked up at him and saw him going towards his study table. Aashrit took the jug of water and filled a glass with it. He brought the glass to her and Meera forwarded her hand to take it. She quickly gulped the whole glass of water.

"Do you need more water bulbul?" He asked lightly caressing her head and she shook her head in no while putting the glass down on the table.

Aashrit sat beside her and took her hand in his. She looked at him and found him already looking at her. She knew it was finally the time when she would have to share one of the many nightmares she had in her life.

_______

Next update tomorrow.

PLEASE VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT.

SPREAD LOVE AND HAPPINESS ❤️