02 | Perfectly fine

!Mature Content Ahead!Paralegals         -> Law Firm's employees that aid attorneys to prepare for hearings and trials

Paralegals
-> Law Firm's employees that aid attorneys to prepare for hearings and trials.
Senior Partners
-> The highest positions in a Law firm hierarch. They are considered the founding members or high level attorneys and the individuals in this positions are responsible for managing the law firm daily operations.

E L E C T R A

"YOU ARE getting married?!!?" Mars asked as I shoved a perfectly folded blazer in my suitcase. "Why would you get married?" He added. I was back at my apartment which I shared with my best friend Mars Laurent since we were in Law school and packing up my things.

"What do you mean why would I get married? Why won't I get married? Everyone wants to get married, don't you want to get married?" I asked rhetorically, being fully aware that the man was a hopeless romantic.

"Yeah but not this way. You need to get married to the man you love, your neglecting father is using you for a business transaction, don't you see?" Mars held my hands, stopping it from closing the suitcase.

Mars and I had been together as best friends for a decade and also house mates. We went to high school together, then the same college, and also the same law school. We even began to work at the same law firm as an attorney. It was safe to say we were soulmates; the friendship type.

Unlike my family, Mars was the only child in his family and we would go to his house during Christmas and other holidays, every year.

"He's not using me, it's a typical thing families like mine do. It's not something new," I responded and yanked my hand from his to close my suitcase. "The wedding is in two weeks and I'll from my dad's place move to my soon-to-be-husband's house so I'll be throwing the things I don't pick from here away," I added.

He placed the closed suitcase on the floor and sat on the bed, in front of me, "lectty, You're a good person with a good heart and I know this is going to be hard for you to take in but I want you to realize that your father doesn't care about you. Nobody from that Cunningham family cares about you," Mars held my hands and let out softly but I couldn't help but scoff.

"Why do you think that? Because I'm the mistress's daughter and not fully a Cunningham but a Beaumont?" I didn't need him to explain the concept of wealthy families to me when he wasn't part of one, himself.

We were different from normal families.

"No, no, no, lectty. That's not it. Remember we've been friends since we were sixteen and I know you more than you know yourself. I also know that your family never checked up on since since you were asked to move to that condo. Mrs Beaumont, your mom never called to ask how you were either but at least she always sent monthly allowances which allowed you to attend law school and all. What did Mr Cunningham, your father do for you in eight years?" he asked rhetorically.