18 | Paralegal

Plaintiff        ->A person who brings a case against another in a court of law

Plaintiff
        ->A person who brings a case against another in a court of law.
Litigation Lawyers
           -> These are attorneys whose responsibilities are to represent a law firm's client in civil cases. They are individuals with a wealth of knowledge about trials and representing defendants and plaintiffs by understanding how to argue and communicate ideas on behalf of their clients.
Paralegals
         -> Law Firm's employees that aid attorneys to prepare for hearings and trials.
Senior Partners
         -> The highest positions in a Law firm hierarch. They are considered the founding members or high level attorneys and the individuals in this positions are responsible for managing the law firm daily operations.

"FUCK!" TAEHYUNG cursed under his breath as his brain finally clocked the amount of work he needed to finish by the end of the day.

Being a Senior partner included monitoring every activity that goes on in the firm and his perfectionist behaviour didn't allow him leave all his assigned works as a litigation lawyer.

He had two roles in the company and both roles require a lot of dedicated time, he'd be insane to want to take on the two roles by himself.

He raised his head from the papers after he heard knocks on the door, "Come in," he answered. Sylvia Clément walked in with her usual calculated steps but Taehyung couldn't help notice a white envelope in her hands as she got closer to him.

"Good morning, Mr Kim!" Sylvia greeted as she arrived at his table.

"What brings you to my office, Ms. Clément?" It had been two weeks since Taehyung had decided to start fully living at his new place with Electra and it had also been two weeks since he last had requested for Sylvia in a sexual way.

Sylvia was a paralegal and she had no direct work with Taehyung who was a Senior partner but even back when he was a litigation lawyer, he had another paralegal assigned to him and he doesn't have direct contact to Sylvia.

"I just came to give you this," she let out, placing the envelope on his table.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw resignation letter written in bold on the envelope, "You're resigning? You can't resign, we have a lot of work to do these days, you can't just leave!" His words came out as a question more than a sentence. 

It was true that they had a lot of cases to solve and paralegals have an Important role to play in winning those cases but with Sylvia gone, they would be one paralegal less and more work for them.

They were already a litigation lawyer less when he got promoted to a Senior Partner—that was the sole reason why he couldn't let his work go... there was no one to do them and with Sylvia gone, more work for the paralegals that already had their hands full.