07 | First meeting

"I CAN'T believe you'll be getting married to THE Kim Taehyung, you're so lucky!" Josephine, one of my closest female friends exclaimed

"More like he is lucky to be getting married to her," Mars muttered, chugging down a shot. Mars arranged a girls night  out so I could catch up with the girls i was closest with and also spend some time with him after a week of moving out.

"Only if someone was brave enough to ask her out and stopped being a baby," Aphrodite mumbled, eyeing Mars and leaving me confused. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing. I guess she meant that there are a lot of guys who should have asked you out but were too scared to do so they stay... as friends," Daphné answered.

"...but I'm happy his mother took a liking to you. My mom always says, it's better have a bad husband than bad in-laws," she added.

Aphrodite, Mars and I went to the same highschool and Mars and I only became friends with Aphrodite when we found ourselves in the same college while Josephine and Daphné grew up together.

The five of us bonded together through study groups in Law school and we've been friends since then. Of course, we've had numerous ups and downs and fair share in fights but Mars was always there to dissolve any misunderstanding between us.

"Me too, she made Electra slap her crazy Stepsister. I couldn't be happier when she told me, I wished I was there to see Nadia's stupid face getting smacked by Electra. I bet she saw stars for some minutes," Mars chuckled.

"So, we're getting our marriage license issued tomorrow at the city hall, I'm finally going to meet him before our wedding. I'll invite him out for lunch and hopefully try to get him to like me," I explained, taking a sip out of my beer.

"It's an arranged marriage, he'll like you with time," Daphné said, twirling her beer glass.

"Time is what I don't have. The fate of my family depends on his wedding and—"

"Oh my god, that guy has been checking you out for a while now, what do you say to a little bit of fun before you get locked in the shackles of marriage?" Josephine asked, cutting me off.

T A E H Y U N G

I fluttered my eyes open but closed them back and let out a yawn that constricted my chest for a bit, moving my hands to scramble for my phone, my hands landed on a warm skin, making me widely open my eyes to see who's skin it was.

My eyes landed on a woman peacefully sleeping, it was only then that the memories of the previous night rushed back to my head. I had called my favourite woman; Gloriana to come relief all the tension the marriage had been putting on me. Sylvia Clèment only relief work-related tension while Gloriana relieved my personal life tension.