05 | Fabulous

OF COURSE, Céline Fountaine-Kim knew the woman standing in front of her was Electra Cunningham but she needed confirmation because she was in fact, dressed like the maidservants at the Kim Mansion

"I-I am Electra Cunningham," Electra stuttered as it felt like her heart was going to burst out of her chest. She was taken aback by the chairman's wife's question and she grew extremely self-conscious as she knew she already made a bad first impression.

Céline pulled down her sunglasses and scanned Electra from head to toe in an unpleasant way before letting out a sigh in disbelief, "Ringarde! (Basic!)" she spat, rolling her eyes. With her plan to make Taehyung have a baby as soon as possible, she knew a plain Jane like Electra wouldn't be able to make it possible.

Céline wanted an attractive woman who would be able to coax her son into sleeping with her to the extent that a baby would be involved. Someone who would be capable of seducing him.

...but then again, Céline thought, behind the ugly suit Electra had on, there was a gorgeous body hidden under. She could tell from the way her shirt stretched out and the two buttons on her cleavage area struggled to stay in the gap.

Electra was a beautiful woman; her ocean blue doe eyes, her healthy-looking shiny ginger coloured hair, the freckles on the bridge of her nose and her cheeks, her plump lips, and her oval shaped face. According to Céline, Electra had the perfect height and body.

The way Céline stared at Electra made her realized she made a mistake seeking an advice from Neveah. Mrs Fountaine-Kim didn't like simple and basic, she wanted her to look like those celebrities on red carpet. She just wished she hadn't cleaned off the makeup she spent more than two hours to apply on.

"I—I'm so sorry Mrs Kim, I didn't know this wasn't what you wanted. I asked my stepsister for help and she said to dress simple but I should have realised that she was lying when she said she wanted to marry your son in my place. I'm so sorry, please don't call off the wedding, I need to marry your son," Electra thought she already messed up and Céline would call off the wedding so she resulted into going down on her knees and pleading with Céline.

Regardless who Electra Cunningham might be, Céline just wanted to get her son married and with a baby so a part of the old man's inheritance could be stamped in her son and grandson's name. But then she thought, if Electra could fall for her step sister lies, she would be easy to manipulate.

From the way Electra's body shuddered and her hands trembled, Céline could see 'mug' written on her forehead and someone like Electra might be better than the type of woman she initially wanted for her son.

A woman easy to manipulate; like Electra.

"Get up on your feet, and don't complete your maidservant look with a maidservant behaviour," Céline let out, subtly smiling to herself as she thought of a great idea. If the heaven was on her side, the old man's properties would be her son's in no time.

"I-I am so sorry..." Electra apologised again as she got up.

"Stop apologising, it makes you look weak. If you want to marry my son, you'll have to do whatever I say. If not, I'll will be cancelling the wedding and you will never marry my son. Are you ready to do whatever I say?" Céline questioned but already knew Electra's answer.

She nodded simultaneously with desperation written in her blue eyes.

"To be my daughter-in-law, I need you to look the part. You cannot, you must not be seen dressed like you are today. The funeral rags you have on, does not suit my daughter-in-law which is why you need to change out of it, right this moment."

Instead of what Céline had in mind; to speak with Electra over a meal, she took Electra to her go-to clothing store to get her into a more elegant outfit.

"You mean I can't wear suits and slacks anymore? But I am an attorney, this is what I usually wear," Electra mumbled, not fully agreeing with Céline.

With Electra's words, Céline felt she needed to make Electra's new job crystal clear to her as her son's wife.

"You were an attorney, and in two weeks, your new job would be to conceive male grandchildren for the Kim's family so dress accordingly and throw away the rags you call clothes," Céline turned to Electra and stated sternly. Not waiting for her response, she called, "Sophia, Angelica!"

"This is my soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Electra. Get her fixed up," and by 'fixed up', she meant clothes, makeup, and hair. The two girls we're in charge of her picking her clothes, they knew exactly what she liked and Céline knew they would give Electra the proper glow up.

While Sophia and Angelica ushered Electra towards the backroom, she had no choice other than to keep quiet. She agreed to do whatever Céline wanted of her and she also needed to get married to her son so there was no way she could go against her words even though she felt highly uncomfortable.

A few minutes passed by—more like a few hours, and Electra was finally done getting 'fixed up'. She took a look at herself in the long-length mirror sitting at the corner of the dressing room she had been for the past few hours and almost didn't recognize herself.

She could have sworn her eyeshadow would be the other sun if she was in outer space. She had never had so much makeup on before and it scared her that she might look like a clown without knowing.

Her short green beaded cocktail dress with taffeta balloon sleeves only made her feel like a clown. The dress was pretty, maybe too pretty that she was worried they didn't suit her.

She had a white square toe double platform heels strapped to her foot and her hair was let down in a center part like she originally planned before getting lied to by Neveah.

Stepping out of the dressing room, Céline's eyes landed on 'Fixed up Electra' and she couldn't help but smiled at the perfection she created. If she knew one thing about her son, it was that he wouldn't be able to resist Electra if she dressed up like that.

"You look fabulous, Electra," Céline dropped the scones she was munching on and stood up. "Vraiment? (Really?)" Electra asked with little to no confidence and Céline could sense it in her soothing voice so she felt the need to raise Electra's confidence.

"Come here," Céline walked Electra to a long length mirror and stood beside her, "Take a good look at us in the mirror, Electra. We look gorgeous, and no one can disagree to that. No man would be able to resist us," Céline let out.

"Electra, you seem like a good girl and I want a good girl like you as my son's wife but you need to know that my son did not agree to this marriage and he has enough power to break everything off. I'll try to get him to marry you but you do your best to keep the marriage together," Céline tucked a strand of hair behind Overwhelmed Electra's ear and said.

"I can trust you to do that, right?"

Electra wasn't able to answer the question, from what she had heard about Kim Taehyung, she could already tell by how he had no failed cases that he would be extremely strict and always gets what he wants. If the marriage happens, she could already tell their marriage would be like a case and their home would be the court—and Kim Taehyung never loses in a case.

There was a big chance that he would break the marriage off, or so did Electra think.

"What are you thinking, Electra?" Céline noticed Electra deep in her thoughts after the question she asked.

"I-I don't know Mrs Kim, Your son has never lost a case before and if he wants out of the wedding then... He might just break it off," She said.

"...and that's why you have a cheat code. Me. I'm your cheat code. With me by your side, he'll lose in this case," Céline stated.

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE