03 | Gambler

Pimp       -> a man(in this case, a woman) who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking a percentage of their earnings in return

Pimp
-> a man(in this case, a woman) who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking a percentage of their earnings in return.

E L E C T R A

I FINALLY threw my body on the bed after arranging my things and taking a warm shower in the main house, I smiled to myself as I stared at the familiar ceiling still not believing I was back in the main house.

"Miss Electra, Mr Cunningham wants you downstairs at the dinner table," one of the helpers in the house knocked on my door and said.

"Okay," I responded and stood up off the bed, heading downstairs. A while later, I was quietly taking my seat beside my father but was abruptly stopped by my stepbrother, Alexander.

"What are you doing? That's my seat, Get lost!" he let out with a frown plastered on his face, startling me.

"Alexander, I told Electra to seat here, right beside me. She's my daughter and we haven't been together in eight years, it only makes sense that she sits beside me during dinner," he said.

"That's bullshit! Only the son of the family get to sit there, we can't have this pest sitting on that chair," my stepmother, Neveah and Alexander's mom said her first words to me in eight years and it pained me that her first words were insults. Was I sad she called me a pest? Yes, but was I happy i got to see her again after eight whole years? Yes.

"Also, I have an announcement..." my father trailed off. "Electra is getting married to the second son of KM group, Kim Taehyung. She'll be here until her wedding in two weeks and so you all need to treat her with respect as she's taking a big step on behalf of family," He finished.

"Well then, I guess I won't be having dinner for the next two weeks if this peasant will be sitting on the same table as me," my stepmother said and stood up from the table, "I'd rather eat with maidservants than eat with her," she finished, rolled her eyes and stormed off.

"I won't be sacrificing my precious dinner because Election is here but did you just say she's getting married to The second son of KM group? Kim-Fountaine Taehyung? The hot lawyer?" Neveah asked, laying emphasis on his name.

"I'm sure I didn't stutter when I said it," he replied sarcastically.

"But why? Why is Eleanor the one to get married to that hot lawyer? Why not me? She's not eligible to get married to him. She's not even a Cunningham, she's a Beaumont! Dad, this is not fair. You hooked Electrons up with the hottest bachelor in the country and not your daughter?" Neveah raised her voice.

"There is a reason why I didn't pick you when I went to Mr Kim with the marriage proposal. It's because you are irresponsible and unpredictable, you don't listen to anybody and I didn't want you ruining the only chance we have to get back on our feet," he responded sternly with his voice also raising in volume.