43 | Ines-capable

"It is done

"It is done. She completed the task, Madam Shadow," Ines said to her phone as she kicked opened the bathroom stalls to make sure they were empty and no one was around to eavesdrop on her conversation.

"Drake Devon was definitely intrigued by her. You have nothing to worry about, ma'am. The plan will go just well," Ines finished and hung up. She took a look at herself in the mirror before heading out of the toilet. The few employees who had tried to unlock the door whilst she was inside casted her a skeptical glance but Ines completely ingnored them and proceeded walking away.

Upon reaching her desk which was right beside Electra's, she put on a smile that was neither fake nor genuine, it was more like a customer service smile since she was getting paid for being nice and helpful to Electra.

Ines had been working at Devon for a significant amount of time and over those times, other employees saw as her as egotistic because of her intimidating aura. She wasn't easy to approach and she liked it that way. She was ambivalent and a calculative person, she only approaches a person if it benefited her personally.

And yes, she approached Electra, not because she wanted to but because she was getting paid to do so by Madam Shadow.

On one fateful day, Ines was on her way home from work and suddenly, a red sport car pulled over in front of her and a redhead older woman who looked like she was in her fifties but aged like fine wine came out and invited her for a drink.

Ines was skeptical and didn't want to sit down with a total stranger but she wasn't putting up so much guard since the 'stranger' was a woman and there was only little she could do to her in a public space but still, Ines wasn't going to follow her without knowing why the woman wanted to have a drink with her.

Madam shadow immediately disclosed the offer for a job that would earn Ines hundreds of thousands in just few months and Ines, who was currently living in hell paying her family's debt had her ears widening at the sound of earning thousands and decided to go with Madam shadows without further questions.

Madam shadow, whose real name was Antoinette Beaumont, hid under the alias of 'Madam Shadows' and the fake name 'Shade' to create businesses all over the country, both legal and illegal with shady activities, all to gain money and power but she knew she couldn't carry out what she had planned on her own. She needed help from numerous people and she also needed those people to keep their mouth shut in other for the plan to succeed, therefore paying them a huge amount of money to buy their silence.

Ines family owed millions and Ines had spent more than half of her life trying to pay the debt, how she attended Law school was a miracle and when Madam Shadow offered to pay off her family's debt in return for her undying loyalty, Ines immediately agreed without thinking twice or questioning how a total stranger like Antoinette came to know of her family problems.