53 | Living in a lie

The revelation came as a shock to Electra as she had never expected Antoinette to show herself with all the 'dangers' she always mentioned they would be in if they ever met face-to-face.

"W-Whaa-" Electra words got cut short as she suddenly lost her balance from her legs turning to jelly and feeling cold in the heels she had on. Slowly, her vision got blurry and she lost her consciousness.

"Electra!" Antoinette grabbed Electra's body before she could collide with the hard floor and guarded her body to the leathered sofa at the corner of the room, placing her down gently.

Few hours passed and the party ended as the guest returned to their respective homes while Celine looked but couldn't find Electra and Antoinette mentioned nothing to Celine about Electra's whereabouts. Celine assumed Electra left the party on her own and got angry that she disrespected her and 'Shade'.

"Electra? Electra!" Antoinette called, finally waking Electra up. The girl bolted up upon seeing the unfamiliar room but the moment she remembered how and why she fell unconscious, tears immediately rushed down her eyes like a tap was opened.

"M-mom?" she stammered with a shaky voice as she moved closer to Antoinette who also had tears in her eyes. Words were unable to capture the eloquence of the emotions stirred within her as she stared at Antoinette. Meeting her birth mom was something Electra thought was near to possible but she couldn't be more wrong as she was finally able to hold her mother's hands.

"Sweetheart," Antoinette called, pulling Electra in for a hug which Electra gladly reciprocate with the sound of her cries intensifying with every passing second.

"Why? Why? Why have you been away all this while? Do you know what I went through?! Why did you leave me all alone?!" Electra screamed as her eyes poured rainfall and Antoinette was only able to pat Electra's back gently.

"I have a really good reason behind all what I did and I really can't wait to tell you but not today, I will tell you very soon because I want this to be over and done with as soon as possible," Antoinette said to Electra, "For now, just go home and sleep. Relax your brain and think about nothing. I will call you and we'll meet in my place and I'll explain everything to you, from beginning to the end, without skipping a part," Antoinette assured and the only thing Electra could do was nod.

Electra had forgotten all the nonsense about Antoinette being suspicious and being the one behind Mars and Daphne's doom and even if she was the perpetrator, she knew Antoinette was just looking out for her as a mother and she knew any mother would have done that much for their daughter.

...only if Taehyung hadn't killed her child then she would have gotten at least, a little bit of experience and feelings of being a mother,

"Okay, When are we going to meet again?" Electra asked and Antoinette's reply was two week later and Electra gladly accepted it.

"My driver will drive you home for now, have a relaxing sleep and... take it easy with your husband." Electra wanted to question Antoinette about the last sentence but she chose to keep quiet but still wondered why she said that knowing all what Taehyung did to her.

"O-okay?"

Two weeks passed just like that and Lois had gotten over the guilt he felt towards Taehyung and had decided to go full on shameless and brazen, not even trying to hide that he was planning to woo Electra.

He made her move to a private office even though she was the youngest paralegal with the lowest rank in the firm and with the news of his divorce getting out, the employees already started a rumour that she was having an affair with Lois and most of them were trying to get in Electra's good side as they thought she was going to be the 'boss's wife'.