23 | Matthew

Trigger Warning: Pedophile, Rape, Physical abuse

"There's the complete information about the Matthew case for your next trial in this folder, this flash drive contains a combined CCTV footage of the event that was obtained by the police, a friend of mine works there and I had him give me a copy. I hope this would help you come up with how to help the boy," Daphné Kings, the new paralegal that was somehow assigned to Taehyung said, feeding him information about what he needed to do.

He groaned mentally as Daphné added another work to his pile of work but he had no choice but to take it as the other litigation lawyers were extremely busy and Matthew's family were offering a huge amount of money to the firm in return to help their son.

"Thank you," he said and took folder and flash drive from Daphné, setting them on his table and focusing on his duties as the Senior partner, "You have something else to say?" he asked when he noticed Daphné still standing in front of his table, aimlessly when he had dismissed her.

"Ah, No," she said with disappointment laced in her tone and turned to exit the room. She had expected Taehyung to at least ask her a question or say something regarding their little encounter the previous night but little did she know that Taehyung didn't care about her enough to remember they had spoken.

All he had in his head was Electra, and the mind-blowing multiple times they had sex in just one night and one morning. He had never been so relaxed at work ever since he got married until that moment and he would rather spend his time doing something productive than speak with Daphné.

Not that he even thought of her.

Plugging in the flash drive, the Vootage captured by the CCTV camera showed up and he pressed play.

The gardener as said in the paper, came into work as usual but instead of working outside in the garden as per his job, he went on and entered inside the main house. It was at noon and the house was empty except for the fifteen-year-old daughter of the owner who had just returned from school and was in fact still in her uniform.

The girl, Marie, spotted the gardener from upstairs dragging his feet in their living room and called his name, "Mr Chesterfields! What are you doing in here? Mom and dad aren't home," she said but Chesterfields looked up to the girl and moved, almost like a zombie, walking to her.

"Mr Chesterfields?" Marie called in confusion as the gardener kept going further into house and not answering her question. "Mr Chesterfields!" Marie called more louder and firmer but she was responded with silence, yet again.

Chesterfields had gotten close to her before she realized that his eyes were hooded and his sclera was unusually whiter than normal while his mouth was foaming. She stumbled back in fear and turned to run to her room but chesterfields grabbed her before she could make run for it.