40 | Mother

"Electra, why are you crying so much? It's making me worry," Antoinette asked as Electra wasn't able to cease her cries after a whole five minute

"Electra, why are you crying so much? It's making me worry," Antoinette asked as Electra wasn't able to cease her cries after a whole five minute. She kept crying and the more she tried to stop herself, the more the emotions pushed through her, forcing its way out.

"I'm in pain," Electra finally managed to speak in between the gut wrenching wails she was letting out. She moved her hands to cover her mouth and try to muffle the cries but it only made her feel more pathetic than she already felt.

"Sweetheart, I know. I'm in an equally self destructing pain knowing I'm not able to help you as your mother. I've been useless my whole life but seeing you, my daughter in pain is breaking me in the worst ways... and I can't even go close to you, or hug you and tell you everything will be okay," Antoinette sniffled as she spoke across the phone.

"Why can't you see me? Why can't you come close to me and help me out of this hellish place? Why is a mother not allowed to see her child? Why have you been away all these years? Why are you just slowly revealing yourself now? Just why?"

Electra's life story was 'why?', why was she born if she was only coming to suffer in the hands of alleged family, friends, and even husband? Why was everyone against her when she had been nothing but nice to them. She had no ill feelings towards anybody but everyone appeared to have ill feelings towards her.

"When the time comes, you'll know... but you know what, Darling, I can't wait for the time to come anymore. I need to be with you now, I need to hold your hands, I need to punish those who hurt you and make them crawl on the floor, begging for forgiveness."

Antoinette's voice became strict as she spoke with deep grudge rooted inside her for everyone around Electra. Starting from the Cunninghams to the Devons that even hasn't had direct contact with her.

Antoinette was keen on making everyone pay the price of their acts. She was no god but she will make sure to hand their punishment over to them with pleasure.

"Mom..." Electra was lost for words, she could only call one name and cry. Electra thought Antoinette couldn't possibly be aware of everything she was going through but she was at least, happy that someone had her back, physically or not.

That was the type of emotional support she needed to continue living... words of affirmation that she wasn't alone, words of affirmation that somebody would be willing to go out of their way to help her.

"I know, I know every pain you feel even without you having to tell me. I know about your child, my grandchild. I know that excuse of a man treated you like an object, I know your friends are turning against you. I know your mother-in-Law, Céline only want to exploit a child from you. I know Jimmy Cunningham practically sold you for that goddamned family..."

Antoinette wasn't joking when she told Electra in one of her letters that she was always watching because it was more than true. Antoinette loved and cared so much about Electra, the capacity of the plan she was orchestrating was overwhelming impressive.