Chapter 61-65

Chapter 61

On New Year's Day, Hua Ya visited Fangyuan's home. Even if she is not in the first grade of junior high school, she will come here to play with Fangyuan when she has free time.

It's just that I'm in a very bad state today, and I'm a little distracted. They promised to teach Fangyuan and Zhou Wenfang how to weave shawls, but after a few words they were relieved.

Fangyuan asked Zhou Wenfang: "Isn't she quarreling with Xiao Gu?"

"Just the two of them?" Zhou Wenfang sneered: "You can't quarrel if you fart so much that the other party can smell it."

"Tsk." Fangyuan said, "You are absolutely right."

Hua Ya would never admit that she had a sour meal last night. If Gu Tinglan hadn't found out in time and rubbed her back with soap from head to toe, she would have been too embarrassed to go out today. Now she gets stressed whenever she smells someone's stewed sauerkraut.

In the end, Zhou Wenfang couldn't stand it anymore, so he pulled her and said something else to bring her back to her senses.

Knowing that Hua Ya's younger sister and younger brother were going to be soldiers, Zhou Wenfang was filled with envy and chatted with Hua Ya about some interesting things she knew about during the military recruitment.

As Hua Ya listened, there was nothing else in her mind. She was happily thinking about how handsome her sister and brother would be if they put on military uniforms and stood in front of her.

*

The winter days went on in much the same way, with the parents staying close to the stove and putting a lot of distance between themselves.

The climate of Dayu Island is different from that of land. By the time the green grass sprouts in the cadre area and the tree-lined road in the library glows with green life, it is already early April of the next year.

There is only one month left before the island is unblocked. In addition to the large temperature difference between morning and evening, which requires wearing a vest or slightly thick coat, the sun is warm at noon, so people only need to wear a light coat.

Hua Ya is in good health. She knitted herself a pure white fur vest and wore it under her woolen coat. She wore the fur vest and shirt at noon.

The piece of woolen cloth used to make the coat was given to her by Zhou Wenfang, and the clothes were made by Fangyuan. Zhou Wenfang also got an identical coat. She and Hua Ya often wore woolen suits to work together. For those unfamiliar, I thought they were sisters.

Hua Ya learned many styles of braiding hair from Zhou Wenfang. They didn't wear hats, so they put braids on the back of their heads, tied them loosely with solid-color handkerchiefs, and paired them with woolen jackets, which looked very fashionable.

Hua Ya originally wanted to tie up a red handkerchief, but Zhou Wenfang stopped her in time. Later, I didn't know where I found the silk handkerchief that Zheng Yi had given me. The flower bud was not a good one, so even if Zhou Wenfang told her that it was a good thing, she didn't want it and gave it to Zhou Wenfang.

Zhou Wenfang asked Gu Tinglan to know that such a precious silk handkerchief was known to the army. It was regarded as a private reward for Hua Ya. Hua Ya could give it to whomever she wanted, so Zhou Wenfang accepted it with confidence.

It was humid on the island in spring, so Hua Ya and Zhou Wenfang took out the books on the third floor to dry them. They sat at the stone table and read in the spring breeze, not to mention how comfortable they were.