Chapter 18- William Wallace's mother

After Ichiraku, William liked the Ichiraku so much, he had to know how it was made

Himawari knew the recipe for Naruto loved Ramen the most, so she decided to indulge his curiosity.

Because of this, William walked Himawari home that night.

"Huh, so that's how it is made." Explained William. after the Ramen explanation.

"Yep, my mother has made it countless times for my father, most of the times he asked for what he wants for dinner." Said Himawari.

"He has it every day." Said William. "I'm amazed he never got sick of it."

"It is his favorite food for a reason." Said Himawari. "Because there are all kinds of ramen, barbecue, spicy, the list goes on."

"Indeed." Said William.

He goes onto explain "Naruto the hero, heh, from what I see, you have-..." he paused and stopped walking.

Himawari stopped as well and looked back at William Wallace. She was confused at the change in the tone. William Wallace had a blank, yet dark face as he looked at the ground. There was an uncomfortable quietness in the air, as the wind blew.

"William?" asked Himawari.

"Himawari." Said William in a slightly embarrassed tone. "I know so much about your family, yet when you asked for mine, I rudely dodged the question. You were rightfully mad as a result."

Himawari was shocked that he remembered something like that. The fact, he read she was annoyed at the him, when making the stew, also this is the first time William Wallace had ever said her name.

"Truth is." Said William, scratching his head and sweated a little. "We are of low nobility. Just mere notches above the common folk. We own small pieces of land, and we hunted for a living."

He stopped scratching his head, and stood up straight, sweating profusely and turned his back towards her.

"My relationship with my family and clan is complicated." Said William Wallace. "For specific reasons, this lion shield on my back." William pointed his thumb at it. "I can never lie; I hate this symbol. I hate this lion. I hate wearing it. But I am a Wallace, so I must wear it. You are special, you have a proud lineage with magnificent heroes with magnificent stories, like I told Boruto, I do not, in fact it is quite the opposite."

Himawari now realized why William did not want to talk about his clan. He for unknown reasons has strained relations with them. She now understands why he dodged the question; however, it can't be all bad can it?

"So, you were a Hunter? asked Himawari, hoping to light up the mood." That sounds cool."

William turned around to respond.

"You think a hunter is cool? I mean we hunted animals, and don't you like animals?" asked William. "Then again we did eat meat in that ramen earlier."

Himawari laughed at that comment, for a good while.