Chapter 37 - Tales from Bodeland

Graham wore sturdy nomad boots to go to the top of the mountain

There was a tower on top of the mountain, the mountain right next to a Bodeland.

John Graham had climbed that mountain to go to that a tower to learn from what the Bodeland populace called "The Wizard."

Well, wizard is probably an adjective at most, he was actually a hermit monk, that the Cardinal at the Bodeland Abbey has appointed to receive mailed messages from the Papal States.

Graham went up to the hermit monk to learn texts to help him master air, one of the four classical elements of Empedocles.

Air is the most common element of magic for Boudican use, it helps them swing weapons better and move faster, basic wants of any man.

Graham had to read and practice in order to effectively get a grasp of a bit of the element, air, and each time you improve there is always room for growth.

Graham had heard rumors that there are Boudican earls, barons, lords, and knights who could create tornadoes at will.

But for now, he would contemplate that later, he had to meet his old friend, John Stewart, in the forest.

After studying the texts on air, Graham rendezvoused with Stewart.

Graham found Stewart in the forest practicing with his sword swings.

When Stewart saw Graham coming.

"Heh, so it that's time." Said Stewart. "Don't worry, I'll protect.."

Graham interrupts him.

"If you try anything funny, I will cut off your head." Said Graham. "You are acting all different now, you used to be quite and bookish, and now you enjoy insulting Ehou norimaki by saying his head looks like a cupcake."

"First off, in this land, it is called trolling." Replied Stewart. "Second, after surviving battle as a Boudican squire, my social anxiety is now gone, I feal good about myself now, after all we are praised heroes by the entire village."

"Don't let it get to your head." Said Graham. "Remember humility is a virtue."

"Sigh." replied Stewart. "Now, I believe I have a guard mission to get to."

"Well, it is not just my sister, but her friends as well." Said Graham.

"What, no fair." Protested Stewart. "You said, you would-."

"I never said alone." Said Graham, with the biggest grin.

"You little rascal." Said Stewart, with a pouty face.

"What are old friends for." Said Graham. "Well, good luck, I am going to walk around and explore Bodeland."

Meanwhile at the Norimaki household:

The alarm on Hana's clock went off.

Hana yawned; she then felt the side of her large bed.