you going on a road trip?

-Niko pov-

Sharky stood with me in his kitchen as I cried, it wasn't because I was sad because of Aj, I understood him to some extent but I was mad at myself. I couldn't get myself to admit to him, after he admitted to me, that I liked him. I was mad at myself for not telling him the truth.

"I can talk to him and explain your side of the story if you want?" Sharky asked, I sighed loudly and wiped my eyes "no, I want him to hear it from me or he won't believe it." I mumbled and stood up from sitting at the breakfast bar, I quickly hugged Sharky and thanked him for his time before exiting the house.

I couldn't believe myself; I had ruined everything because I was too scared to tell him the truth. I walked to my car and slowly started the engine, sitting for a second as I thought about what I had done. I drove home in silence and the house was more silent than it had ever been. I walked to my room and let out a loud sigh, throwing my phone onto my desk and staring out the window above my dresser. I reached over for my phone and sent Aj a voice message.

"Aj, please open this, I know you're mad at me or upset, but I'm going to be out of the house for a few days and I want you to come home, I won't be here, so you don't have to worry about me being awkward." I hesitated and I fell silent for a second. "Love you Aj" I said with a sigh, praying Aj didn't take it as a friendly 'love you', because that's not how I intended it.

I opened google and looked at tickets to different countries, it would be like a long-deserved vacation for a few days, although I would still be making content, unfortunately. I ended up calling George, who was recovering surprisingly fast, and asked him if he could fly to Spain with me.

At 5:21am the next morning I received a text from Aj.

Isosceles Shabeel

Friday 2:34 pm

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:17

Saturday 5:21 am

K, it's your birthday in like 10 days though.

R u going to miss it?

What time and day do u go and come back?

I thought before responding, I knew what days I would be away, and my birthday wasn't one of them.

Isosceles Shabeel

Saturday 5:21 am

K, it's your birthday in like 10 days though.

R u going to miss it?

What time and day do u go and come back?

Saturday 5:24 am

Leaving Tomorrow at midday, coming back on Saturday next week at like 6 am.

Won't miss birthday, srry

You going on a road trip?

Taking a plane somewhere

After that Aj stopped texting for a while, I assumed he fell asleep, or he just wanted to end the conversation. After a rough thirty minutes of no sleep, I decided to just get up early. I walked downstairs in complete silence once again; I slowly grabbed a slice of bread from our pantry and began toasting it. I usually don't eat breakfast, but I decided to today. I hummed as I waited for the bread to pop back up, the sun had barely risen. I grabbed my phone and snapped a photo of the sunrise lighting up my face with different shades of yellows and oranges. I placed the words good morning under my chin and posted it to my Instagram, along with the time.

My toast finally popped up; I slid my phone onto the kitchen counter and placed the toast onto a plate. My phone buzzed with a notification from Instagram but chose to ignore it while I ate. The notification ended up telling me Aj had posted on his story, I opened Instagram and viewed his account. I clicked on his story and waited for it to load.

The photo was of his view of the sunrise, but you could see his reflection in the window too. He was shirtless, his hair was messy, and he was mesmerizing, and so was the sunrise, I guess.

I clicked the heart at the bottom of his story and turned my phone off, I had to start packing for Spain. 

CHARLIE:

i swear, we'll repair this relationship. 🙏

texts r in bold excluding the stuff here lol

please tell me if i should add or change something!!

as always, love you and have a good day/night!!