Care for another?

AJ'S POVVV

I woke up with missed calls and texts from all my friends, even a few missed calls from Sebastian. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed when Sebastian started calling me.

I picked up.

"Hey?" I questioned as I walked down the stairs "Hey Aj!" he said cheerfully "boss told me to come over today to see how you're doing." He told me "You can stop calling him boss, you know? You aren't actually employed by him" I laughed "but cool, did he call you because I got too out of hand or something?" I asked jokingly. "Ha ha very funny, I'm on my way." He probably rolled his eyes behind the phone before hanging up.

I had grown to actually like his company, a bit.

He knocked on my door, I opened it for him and let him in. "Hey Seb" I nodded, walking into my kitchen "Hey" he said taking a seat at the breakfast bar. "Well, what did he say this time?" I asked, expecting the same thing as always 'can you please go check on Aj!' or something. "He was crying, if that means something" he shrugged "what?" I choked. Niko was crying? "He was crying, think he had something to drink, like he didn't really mean to call me." he told me "Well, what did he say?" I asked, slightly more aggressively than I meant. "Something about how you said you loved him, how he wants to come home, he really just went on about how much he wanted you, if you get what I mean?" He spoke, getting up and getting a bowl for cereal like many other days. I jumped up onto the kitchen counter, sitting down, closer to his level. "He..." I leaned back on my hands and looked upwards "you're saying he called you and told you how much he... 'wants' me?" I questioned; Seb nodded. "Yeah, then later on he told me to go see you and tell him how you're doing. He was really happy you posted" he shrugged "if he was so fucking happy, again, why doesn't he just come see me himself!" I yelled, jumping off the counter and grabbing a glass and filling it with water. "No breakfast this morning?" He asked, I shook my head "no, I'm not fucking hungry I'm mad." I rolled my eyes "and I know damn well you have a kitchen at your house so why do you always eat my food?" I asked "cause I'm literally poor and can only afford the cereal on special at Tesco, which is always stale" I laughed and stopped bothering him about his food.

Seb was watching tv in the living room and I was still sitting at the breakfast bar, scrolling through the endless comments on my new video.

User: that's so sad omg

User: LMAO that's so gross

User: 'I love you and I miss you' fucking gross you're men, act like it.

I was happy Niko saw my video; it was my only way to talk to him.

I spent the day with Sebastian, we watched shows and movies until night, "I'm tired as fuck, I'm going to sleep." I told him "Night Seb" I yawned "Goodnight Aj" he nodded. I walked into my room and fell asleep almost instantly.

I woke up on the one day of the month I hated. It had been five months since Nikolas left our home, I still felt empty, but I was a little more used to it now. The cuts on my wrists were fading but more and more gathered over time. Things had died down, not everyone was on our dicks about being gay anymore, the beta squad channel was reviving despite missing Niko.

Everything was looking up.

My phone rang and I groaned picking it up "Morning Seb." I groaned, assuming it would be the only one calling at the exact minute I wake. "Morning Aje!" he said cheerfully, and my heart dropped. Aje. The name only he called me. "Hey, Seb?" I mumbled, he hummed, letting me know he was listening. "Please don't call me that." I felt horrible telling him that "I'm really sorry it's just- that's what he calls me. I only want him to call me that." I mumbled into my hand. "No problem, Aj" He still seemed cheerful "want to go out tonight?" He asked, I thought for a second, I've got nothing to do but cry, "sure thing" I smiled.