⁴ˣ⁰³. ˡᵉᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵗʰ ˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ

season four, episode three

Ryan stuffed into his hands into his lab coat talking to his half sister, "Hey, i'm filling in for Cristina, so how's it going?" Meredith questioned when coming up to her half sister and brother who were filling out charts, "I pulled a splinter ou...

Ryan stuffed into his hands into his lab coat talking to his half sister, "Hey, i'm filling in for Cristina, so how's it going?" Meredith questioned when coming up to her half sister and brother who were filling out charts, "I pulled a splinter out a guy's toe and now i'm writing about it," Lexie said as Meredith nods her head, "Well, if you have any questions—"

Ryan looked at his sister, "I have a lot of questions, just not about a splinter," Lexie stated as Ryan gives Meredith a look, "Ok,"

"Coming through!" Paramedics came into the hospital, "Forty year old unrestrained driver in a rolled MVC," the paramedic stated, "Lost vitals on the scene, unable to intubate,"

"Lexie, Ryan, let's go!"

Ryan and Lexie followed after Meredith into trauma room one, "Open the intubation tray," Meredith said to Ryan, "How long's he been down?"

The paramedic looked at Meredith, "took ten minutes to load him, fourteen to get here, so twenty-four," The head paramedic said, "Push another epi,"

Meredith then looked to her siblings, "Do you know how to intubate?" Lexie stuttered while Ryan nods his head, "I do,"

Ryan intubated like his sister wanted him to do, "Visualise the cords, pull straight up, watch the tube, go through the cords," Meredith said directing him, "Don't rock up against the teeth, just pull straight up,"

The machine started to make a beeping sound, "Pukse ox's down to eighty-six," Ryan couldn't get through the cords, watching as his heart rate started to slow down, "We're losing him," Ryan stated, "Ryan, Ryan.."

Meredith tried to control her brother when he let go of the intubation tube with a nurse taking it out when the patient started to flatline, "I-I—" He panicked, "That wasn't bad,"

"What?"

"That wasn't bad for your first intubation. Are you sure you did one before?" Ryan nods his head, "I did, He's dead. The guy is dead," Meredith looked at her brother noticing his panicked state, "He was dead when he came in here, he was dead on scene," Meredith said as she wrote on the chart.

"You're pretty cavalier, don't you think? I mean, they brought him here for help," Lexie said to Meredith, "They brought him here because they're legally required to, and I had Ryan intubate because I'm required to teach you both, and that is how you learn,"

Lexie shook her head, "No, no. Meredith, you should have done everything that you could," She said to her half sister, "What kind of doctor are you?"

"What is this about?"

Ryan looked away from his two sisters arguing, "If you don't want to learn from me, that's fine, but I had to cover the pit today, so why don't you both us a favour and go help Bailey in the clinic," Meredith said, when Lexie started to walk out of the room, "Ryan—"

The Grey male ran a hand through his hair, "I can't—You shouldn't have—You shouldn't have let me intubate him," he moved out of the trauma room.

____

Ryan was stood at the nurse's station seeing Cristina coming towards where him and Izzie Stevens stood, "Hey, I heard about Really Old Guy." Cristina stated to the blonde, "What's the matter, could find his LVAD wire?" She questioned making Ryan looked at the Korean women, "It was a coincidence. And he's still alive."

"Well," Cristina closed Meredith's chart up, "have fun with Really Old Guy. I'm off to do Meredith's hemiglossectomy." She stated as Ryan then sees Meredith coming towards them, "She's faking! She's faking sadness. Pretends to be sad to steal my surgeries." Meredith said as Ryan closed the chart he was doing.

"Ryan. Ryan, come on—" however the Grey male didn't turn around, not listening to his older sister walking further away from where she stood with Izzie Stevens.

____

Dr Bailey walked into the room where Dr Callie Torres was filling out some paperwork, "You know Yang and Grey are playing musical chairs with their interns?" She questioned Callie, "I mean I just thought that might interest you, seeing as how two of Yang's interns are actually two of older Grey's relatives." Dr Bailey commented, "And the two female Greys are having some kind of family feud."

Callie kept ignoring Miranda, "I'm just saying it would probably be best if the residents stuck with their own interns in the future." Bailey stated, "Yeah, I got it. Thanks." Callie said with a straight face, "You plan to hide out here all day long or you plan to emerge at some point and do your job?"

"Why would I come out there to do my job when you clearly do it so much better?" Callie questioned Dr Bailey, "I'm doing paperwork Miranda, because I don't have more fight in me. I don't want to fight you. I don't want to fight my— I don't," Dr Torres said, "I don't want to fight today. So I'm doing paperwork today, ok?"

Dr Bailey turned around and opened the door that entered the room walking straight out through the door.

____

Alex Karev and Ryan Grey stood in the elevator as it dinged when Ryan's fellow interns entered the elevator, "You got to reattach a women's tongue?" A intern that Ryan had no clue what her name was asked George O'Malley, "I was there. I didn't do the reattaching."

"Yeah, but still, you're the intern they wanted on that case." The curly haired intern claimed to George, "He's a repeater." Alex Karev said out loud.

Ryan knew about George being an repeat intern, "What?" Some interns questioned the resident where Ryan sees his half sister shake her head, "Your big hero here, he was an intern last year. That's why he knows some of this stuff. He's already been through it." Alex said with a smile, "But if you want to learn from someone, really, really learn, go to a resident,"

"Not this dude." Alex taunted when George didn't even turn his head or say anything as he kept his head straight forward, "Well, he's right. If you want to emulate someone, it's definitely not me. I'm not that guy." George said when the elevator dinged with the doors opening as George escaped from the elevator.

Norman, an older intern looked to Alex, "What the hell are you looking at?" Ryan then turned to Alex, "at some so called Resident, who surprisingly passed his internship," Ryan scoffed, "You're a joke, man," He stated walking out of the same level as George did, "If you wanna learn from somebody, don't learn from that guy." He said looking at Alex Karev who had a glare pointed at Grey male.