⁵ˣ⁰⁷. ʳⁱˢᵉ ᵘᵖ

season five, episode seven

Ryan went to where his best friend was now stood at the nurse's station, "Derek, I need a favor

Ryan went to where his best friend was now stood at the nurse's station, "Derek, I need a favor." He said to his best friend who turned to look at him, "What's up?" Derek asked Ryan who looked back at him, "Have you even slept?"

Derek shook his head, "No I haven't cause Cristina decided to call Meredith in the middle of the night and stay awake talking about your mother's journals. I'm sure you have gotten some." Ryan shook his head, "I declined the offer, I don't what to know what my mother thought of me even more than I already know,"

Derek leaned against the nurse's station, "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" He questioned the intern who nods his head, "Right. I want to take my intern exam, I'm ready," He told Derek, "Ryan.. Everyone has to take their intern after a year of internship. It hasn't been a year yet," Derek explained to his friend, "I can't just ask Chief because you think you're ready,"

"I am."

Derek pats Ryan's shoulder, "You might be ready, but it's best to wait for the intern exam," Ryan let out a sigh of defeat, "Fine." He stated looking at the neurosurgeon.

____

Mark and Ryan stood on the elevator that opened with Derek approaching his tow best friends, "I need either one of you to have sex with Cristina Yang." The neurosurgeon stated as Ryan looked at him, "I'm sorry, did you just say Cristina Yang?  My resident? Cristina Yang?"

Derek nods his head, "Good morning." Mark said making Ryan chuckle, "Distract her, engage her, give her something to do besides call my girlfriend and wake me up." Derek explained to them both, "Yang." Mark said before shaking his head, "No."

He shook his head again, "No, too serious, humourless, um-fun, not my type," The plastics attending admitted, "Yang should be your type. She's intense, intelligent, complicated. She's like a single-malt scotch and you are used to—beer bongs," the neurosurgeon claimed, "Callie Torres is no beer bong." Mark stayed with a smile, "Ryan knows what I'm talking about,"

Ryan looked at Mark shaking his head, "Don't involve me in this," He claimed looking at the plastics attending, "I get it. You don't think you have a shot. You're probably right."

"I have a shot."

Derek looked at Mark, "Then try as a favour to me." Derek stated as Mark shook his head, "No, I'm not your stud horse. You can't just tell me—" Mark got interrupted by Derek, "You slept with my wife."

The elevator dinged as Ryan thanked the lords before walking out of the elevator before the conversation got even more weirder.

"Lex, hi." Ryan jogged to catch up with his sister, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his lab coat, "Is that too tight?" They both heard from where they walked before they went into a room seeing their fellow interns what looked they were doing drugs, "Are you guys shooting drugs? Oh, my god!"