⁴ˣ⁰⁹. ᶜʳᵃˢʰ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ.¹ ᵒᶠ ²

season four, episode nine

"Hi,"

Ryan Grey stood with his arms crossed over his chest watching as Mark showed everyone the boy's skin, "Ok, ladies and gentlemen, this is Nick Handcomb." Mark said introducing his patient, "Nick was lucky enough to have me remove a large carotid body tumour from his neck."

Mark then shows Nick's scarred neck, "The face that i was able to get clean boundaries is pretty darn impressive, even for me." Dr Sloan said to everyone, "Congratulations." Dr Karev said to what Mark looked at him, "Don't interrupt."

Ryan smiled at that, "Now, despite the fact that it was a wildly successful surgery, we had to dissect out deep lymph nodes in his neck." Sloan explained to them, "There is now only a delicate flap of skin between his carotid artery and the outside world." Mark explained to them, "That said, what am I worried about?"

"I—" Ryan started to say, "I'd think given the friability of the skin, that there's a great possibility that the artery could blow." Dr Yang explained, "Right." Sloan said with a smile, "Don't worry, I've heard this before." Nick said to the doctors in the room, "If that happens, whoever's in the room, I don't care, if it's a doctor, a nurse, an orderly, your job is to stop the bleeding, then page me, in that order."

"Are we clear? Any questions?"

Nick then looked to his surgeon, "They look scared." Mark shook his head, "They're professionals. Nick, a healthy level of fear is encouraged." Mark explained to his patient who then looked to everyone, "Ok, then. If I do die, it will have been lovely meeting you all." Nick looked at everyone, "See? The patient is confident, you should be confident. That's it."

Ryan went out of the move when hearing about a oncoming trauma, with a yellow gown on him coming outside, "What do we got?" Dr Bailey questioned, "Jason Nolston, fourty-seven, status post his double bypass surgery two weeks ago, febrile me with tenderness in his surgical incisions."

Stan, the paramedic then handed the clipboard to Ray, his partner, "We've got a ten car pileup on the freeway, mind taking him from here?" Ray questioned them, "Oh, you got it."

"I need a gurney for the transport." Dr Yang and Dr Stevens then both said, "I'll page Hahn." Dr Bailey then looked to her residents, "We all agree. Get him inside and flip for it."

"Uh, Dr Bailey you need to move," Ryan said when hearing an ambulance coming towards them, "Hey, you guys—" Meredith said when seeing what her brother meant, "I think you should move!"

Dr Yang and Dr Stevens argued over the patient and the attending, "Like right now," the paramedic doors closed, "Move!" Ryan yelled out grabbing ahold of his sister and Dr Bailey moving to the side when the ambulance went into the other ambulance flipping it over.

"Oh, my god."

Ryan started to move, "We need more gurneys," He said when moving to where the flipped ambulance was, "Ray. Stan?" He questioned the paramedics in the flipped ambulance.