⁵ˣ¹¹. ʷⁱˢʰ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ

season five, episode eleven

Ryan had suspected to be passed around the residents when they all found out that Ryan wasn't on Cristina's intern group anymore even though him and Lexie were okay now

"Ryan!"

The said male came running into the room when seeing Dr Kenley on the floor not breathing as Alex did compression the man's chest, "Dr Kenley!" The intern said as he started to do compressions on the man's chest, putting a hand to his neck while Alex put an oxygen mask around the pediatric surgeon's face.

"What happened?" Miranda Bailey questioned, "He just fell over," the resident stated as Ryan complied with compressions to the man's non risking chest, "Come on. Come on,"

Alex looked down at his intern for the day, "Ryan." He said when the intern didn't stop where Alex put his hand on Ryan's shoulder as Miranda shook her head slightly, "Ryan." The intern shook his head, "No, I can't— I have to keep doing compressions."

Miranda Bailey kneeled in front of Ryan, "Ryan, Ryan—" The Grey male intern looked at the second year resident, "He's gone." Ryan stopped doing compressions, "It's okay." She reassured him knowing that Ryan did his best to save the pediatric attending.

"I'll go and inform the chief." Ryan nods his head at what Miranda said where Alex and Ryan moved the non moving pediatric surgeon from Jackson Prescott's hospital room floor and onto a gurney outside.

____

Alex was taking some of Jackson's blood when the boy held a piece of paper in his hand, "Dr Kenley was gonna sign this, before he died and everything." Jackson admitted looking at the piece of paper, "Can you?" He then asked the resident, "What is it?"

Ryan then asked, "I want to get a wish from the wish people. You have to have doctor to sign it." Alex then shook his head, "No. I'm not signing that," The resident stated, before Jackson then looked over at Ryan who was attempted, "No. He's not signing that either," Alex said giving his resident a look before looking at Jackson, "Come on. Look, if you sign, you can help me pick my wish."

The ill patient stated, "These are the ones kids have already done, like go on a circus trapeze, or be in a rodeo. Put stats by the ones you think would be cool, and x's by the ones you think are lame." Jackson stated as Dr Karev shook his head, "There's no way Kenley was gonna sign that." He said to the little boy, "It's for kids with life-threatening diseases. And you're not dying, you're just sick."

Jackson sighed leaning his head back against his pillow when Ryan then said, "Dude—" the little boy looked at the intern, "Dr Karev is right, it's for life-threatening patients with diseases and anyway, the rodeo smells like horse crap. You're not missing out on anything." The intern claimed as Jackson then smiled, shaking his head as Dr Karev looked proud at what Ryan did for the patient.

____

Ryan went to where Mark and Callie stood, "Hey." He smiled charmingly at the orthopaedic resident with a charming smile going over to where Lexie stood, finishing off Jackson's chart, "I heard that you slept with someone."

Lexie looked panicked at her brother's words, "What? Where did you hear that from?" Ryan looked at his sister, "Lexie, I'm not gonna go all overprotective brother mode, I just wanna know." He started to say, "Unless you slept with my friend, Mark, then I will punch him. I told him that you're off-limits."

"Off limits." He repeated as Lexie looked at her brother when Sadie joined the two half siblings joining in their conversations, "I see you and Dr Torres are getting closer." He stated with a playful smile, "She's not too bad, she's funny," Sadie said as Ryan hummed, "She is."

The two superiors looked at where the three interns stood at the nurse station chatting amongst one another, "She came to my hotel room, took off all her clothes and said teach me." Mark said as Callie then laughed, "It's like I had no control. She violated me with her nakedness."

Mark looked at where the three interns still talked with one another, "Ryan and Derek are gonna kill me." Callie hummed at that, "Ryan goes into full brother protective mode over Lexie and Meredith, you should know this by now."

Mark sighed, "Did you not hear what Ryan did to Derek when he heard about what happened between him and Meredith when Addison was here?" Mark furrowed his eyebrows at her comment, "They fought. So I am telling you Ryan is definitely going to kill you."

____

"He—"

Ryan stopped his sentence when he sees Mark and Callie in an on-call room, "Am I interrupting?" Callie shook her head as Mark did the same, "No, no. We was just talking."

Ryan made an unconvinced sound looking at two of his friends, "Okay." He cleared his throat, "I'll be in the cafeteria if you need me since the new Peds surgeon didn't let me scrub in,"

He closed the on-call room door leaving his two friends in there as Callie looked at Mark, "I think you should tell him," Callie admitted when Ryan walked away.

Mark shook his head, "No, you heard what he did to Derek. I don't want to be apart of that," Callie makes a face at Mark's words, "You slept with his sister."

"His half sister." Mark injected as Callie sighed, "Mark, I think it'd be better if he heard it from you rather than from the gossipers of this hospital," Callie clarified as Mark once again shook his head, "He'll hate me just like Derek did when I first came here. I can't have that. He's one of my best friend's."

Callie stood up from the on-call room and walked out of the room leaving Mark by himself in there.

____

"Now transplants aren't easy. That's the bad news," Dr Miranda Bailey explained to Jackson, "But the good news is, you've got a crackerjack new doctor. Um, I spoke to one of the most respected kid surgeons in the country, and he thinks that she's the best there is." Miranda explained to Jackson's mother.

Ryan stood behind the resident, "So she's gonna take good care of you. We all are." Ryan looked down slightly.

Jackson looked back at the two doctors, "Why don't we go out and sign some of the transplant consent forms?" Dr Miranda Bailey questioned the mother who placed a kiss on Jackson's head before following out the superior.

Ryan watched as Jackson pulled out the make a wish form from underneath a stack of papers showing it to Ryan who took out his pen and signed the forms for the Prescott kid with a sad smile before sitting down on the end of his bed.