⁵ˣ¹⁰. ᵃˡˡ ᵇʸ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ

season five, episode ten

Ryan was still ignoring Lexie after what happened when he told Lexie that things wouldn't go as she planned and after her outburst at him

The interns stood near to the conference room where the attendings were speaking about who should be Chief Resident as Lexie kept saying their resident's name with each of the interns going to the resident's lounge and getting their resident's hopes up.

Ryan leaned up against the wall near to the conference room when Derek and Mark came out of the room, "So.. who did you decide?"

"Cristina."

Ryan smiled at that until his smile fell cause of what happened with Sadie and more of Cristina's interns being apart of the debacle, "She's going torture herself because of what they did." Derek pats his friend's arm.

Lexie went to go and tell Cristina the good news after Chief Webber had gotten her attention.

Ryan went to where the resident stood in front of their Chief of Surgery and Chief Resident who spoke about the above the knee amputation surgery, "However, Dr Yang is out of the running. She is going to pick the winner instead," The residents nod their heads, "Dr Yang will post her decision on the OR board at 4:00pm," Richard Webber stated to them, "Also, since your interns expect from Ryan Grey are still banned from the OR, he will be allowed and also a fellow resident to scrub in with them. Good luck."

Ryan smiled at that when he felt some of his fellow interns patting his back In congratulations, where he turned his head then seeing Lexie standing near to him.

He walked away from his half-sister, ignoring Lexie as he went to where his fellow interns were doing their charts.

"Cristina still hasn't talked to me. Which is normal." Lexie admitted coming to them where Ryan stood up walking away, "And so hasn't Ryan." She said about her half brother, "You did kind of go off at him." Ryan Spalding stated when looking up at his friend, "I—" Lexie sighed, "I'm not—We're not in med school anymore. I know he wants to protect me, but he can't always be doing that."

Sadie looked at Lexie, "It's Ryan, he was protective of Meredith even though she's older than him, he always has been. It's just in his nature to be protective, Lexie." The blonde staged when she then said, "The residents don't even look at me."

"Least they could do is hate us." Lexie added where Pierce joined them, "Of course Ryan gets to scrub in with them." Pierce said annoyed, "He's like the golden intern," the taller male stated to his friends, "He wasn't an idiot like us and got two weeks suspension,"