⁶ˣ¹¹. ᵇˡⁱⁿᵏ

season six, episode eleven

"Addison. Hi."

Ryan Grey stands in front of Derek's ex wife, Addison Montgomery, the redhead that Ryan hadn't expected to see again. Especially after what the two of them did last time she was in Seattle, "Ryan, it's good to see you." The redhead stated, before Ryan stepped forwards and the embraced the OB/GYN, "What are you doing here?"

"Addison." Mark Sloan came towards the two when seeing the redhead female, "Thank you for coming." He said making Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "Mark, what's wrong, man?" He then asked his best friend, "Sloan's got a little something going on with the baby."

"Is she Ok?" Mark nods his head at his best friend's response, "We'll figure it out." Addison stated confidently making Ryan smile charmingly at her when his pager went off, "I uh, need to go but Addison, we'll get a drink before you leave, yeah?" The redhead nods her head, "See you then."

Ryan walked off with pride in his stride as Mark looked at his ex girlfriend, "What was that about?" Addison shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know what you're talking about." She said where Mark then said, "Addison."

"He's good in bed, Mark. A women has needs." Addison explained to what Mark then looked at his best friend's retreating figure, "That's my girlfriend's half brother," Addison chuckled, patting her ex boyfriend's arm, "Come on, let's go and see our patient."

____

"As the legs continue to grow, the bands will cut off his circulation." Addison explained pointing at the bands on Sloan's baby's legs, "If we wait, we risk severe damage to the left leg, possible lost of the right entirely." Ryan stands next to Arizona Robbins who smiled reassuringly at Sloan, "But if we operate— twenty-two weeks, it's—it's still risky."

"But if you done operate, you're not gonna kill the baby." Arizona then looked to Ryan who cleared his throat, "Dr Montgomery can rehabilitate the remaining part of his leg after he's born, and we can fit him with a prosthesis." The Grey male claimed, "It's entirely possible that he'll walk."

"Oh, my god." The eighteen year old groaned, Mark looking down at his daughter, "Honey, we've got options here." Mark told her, "If we operate, Dr Montgomery can remove the bands, he'll be just fine." The Plastics attending stated, "Or we could wait a few weeks until he's bigger and stronger and the surgery is less risky."

At that, Sloan let her eyes roam through everyone in the room, eventually letting them flicker between Addison and Arizona. Finally, she spoke up. "Well, which one of you did he sleep with?"

Ryan furrowed his eyebrows at the teenager's response as Addison's head turned around to look at the father and daughter, "Oh, not me." Arizona shook her head.

"You told her?" Addison asked her ex boyfriend, shocked at the question, "She's my kid, we were bonding." Mark shot back, acting as though it was perfectly normal.

"That is now how you bond with children." Addison stated looking across at Ryan who looked in between them with a smile, "I'm still getting the hand of it." Mark defended, making Ryan shake his head at his best friend's response.

"So you're sure he didn't knock you up and leave you with a child to raise on your own or something? You're not just really pissed and trying to get revenge?" The teen asked, "No, no! It was along time ago..." Addison started. "The fact is, Mark—your father—is—is a good guy." Addison admitted to the teen, "and I'm gonna do everything I can to help you with your baby."

"Ok, well, let's just get these things off his legs right now." Sloan pouted, Addison looking at Ryan who nods his head as he exited the room to book an OR with Addison following behind him.

Ryan looked back at Addison, "I just actually can't believe that he's gonna be a granddad." Ryan admitted to Addison, "He's gonna be old with a grandbaby." He stated making Addison chuckle.

____

"Ryan."

Derek Shepherd stopped near to where Ryan was about to enter an on-call room to where Addison Montgomery was inside waiting for him, "Derek, hey, what's up?" He questioned his best friend, "Do you want to scrub in on Tom Kate's' surgery?"

Ryan wanted to go into the NFL because of Tom Kates and his amazing touchdown score but seeing that the NFL player nearly died out there because of a bunch of linebackers falling on top of him, he was a bit happy that his mother had made him go to Med School because otherwise he would've missed out on meeting Lexie and all his friends he's made from being a surgeon.

"Ryan?" Derek then said when seeing the Grey male space out, who shook his head looking back at his best friend, "Uh, Yeah, I'll be there." Derek nods his head with a smile, "Don't be late."

The Shepherd male walked away to where Addison opened the on-call room door looking at her hookup who had a look on his face, "It's ok, next time, go and save Tom Kates," The Grey male smiled at Addison, leaning in and whispering in her ear, "I promise I will get you off tonight," He promised to the OB surgeon kissing her cheek before moving away leaving Addison a blushing mess.

____

"Knee looks like crap. But that's been true for a long time." Callie Torres stated as Ryan stands near to the two attendings who were thinking, after Derek cancelled the surgery, "He should be able to play through the pain."

"What if he can't?" Ryan said, gaining both of the attending's attention, "What about a knee replacement, like, right now?" Derek smiled at Ryan's statement as Callie looked at them, "He needs to stop." Derek admitted, "How about we make it so it's not his idea?"

Ryan looked in between the two surgeons who thought about it, "Ok, let's go and inform Tom," Callie said as Derek smiled at Ryan, patting his best friend's back.

"Tom," The three surgeons entered Tom's hospital room, "Dr Torres and I think your knee needs replacing." Derek stated as Tom nods his head "Well, that's been true since college." The football player stated, "There's just too much degeneration. The joint is completely shot." The neurosurgeon stated.

"You need a unicondylar repair, or you may lose the ability to walk." Tom then looked at the three surgeons, "But a knee replacement will take me out of the game forever." Ryan nods his head, "Exactly." He said to the football player who then looked at Derek Shepherd knowing what he meant.

____

Ryan came out of his bedroom, sliding on his sweatpants not having his shirt since Addison had taken it, coming out to the hallway seeing his half sister, "Lexie, what happened?"

He questioned coming towards his half sister, "I gave Mark a ultimatum and he choose Sloan," Lexie said to her brother coming into Ryan's arms, "Oh, Lexie, I'm so sorry." He said, rubbing his sister's back, "He choose her, and I—"

Ryan comforted his sister, "It's ok, it's ok. It's his loss." Ryan repeated, "I'm too young to be a grandma," Lexie said making Ryan chuckle, "Ryan—" Addison came out of Ryan's room in the male's t-shirt that went to her thighs seeing the Grey male hugging his half sister.

"Oh, I'm—"

Lexie pulled back from her brother looking at Addison then to her brother, "I didn't mean to—" Ryan shook his head, "Lexie, you didn't," Lexie moved away from her brother, "I'm gonna go to Mer's." Ryan nods his head at that, watching his half sister walk out of their shared apartment.

Addison's hands came to his stomach, "Come on," Ryan looked at the redhead with a charming smile, leaning in as he connected their lips together in a passionate kiss.