⁷ˣ⁰². ˢʰᵒᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ

season seven, episode two

Ryan sat in the conference with Andrew Perkins sat in front of him, on the opposite side of the large conference table, "I can't forget that the shooting happened, I can't, I can try and move on with my life, not being scared all the time, whether...

Ryan sat in the conference with Andrew Perkins sat in front of him, on the opposite side of the large conference table, "I can't forget that the shooting happened, I can't, I can try and move on with my life, not being scared all the time, whether someone is gonna come and shoot up the hospital again," Ryan admitted as Andrew Perkins, the trauma counsellor, the hospital had provided nods his head.

"You have PTSD, Ryan,"

The Grey male admittedly nods his head, "I'm trying, I am, I'm going to therapy, I'm staying with my sister for a bit until I can be in my apartment again," He admitted, "My wounds have healed, I've been taking my medication for the pain that sometimes occurs but all I want to do now is help the kids," He spoke looking at the counsellor, "That's all I wanna do, I want to help my mentor with the surgeries, my therapist said it's good for me to go back to doing surgeries, but I will never forget about that day," Ryan admitted as Andrew looked at the twenty-something year old, seeing that he was getting better mentally, than the last time he was in the same room with him, with Ryan not being able to look him in the eyes.

Andrew stood up from his chair and handed Ryan the yellow permission slip as a small smile formed on his lips, "Thank you." Ryan said as Andrew nods his head, where the Grey male stands up and went out of the conference room with a wide smile on his lips.

"Caitlin!"

He called when seeing the taller redhead, "I got cleared," who also held a yellow permission for surgery in her hand, "Me too," The two smiled at one another as Ryan looked down at Caitlin's slightly growing bump, "How's my girl?" He asked as Caitlin half smiled, "She's good, though she keeps kicking my bladder,"

Ryan chuckled when Caitlin excused away from him and going towards the closest toilet, as the Grey male looked down at his page where Callie was paging him.

"Ok, mutliple burn victims." Dr Torres told them as the cleared for surgery residents came towards her, "Two with paralysis, three with vision loss, one, uh, blown eardrums, and one dislocated hip."

"House fire?" Meredith asked.

"Explosion?" April then asked.

Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "Uh, act of God." The Orthopaedic surgeon stated, "Act of God?" Dr Bailey then repeated, "Yeah, lightning strike."

Ryan looked around the ER, "All that from one lightning strike?" Dr Torres nods her head, "One lightning strike, eight victims. Took out a whole flag football team." He looked around the room, seeing a flag football team, "God was in a mood today." Dr Bailey stated.

____

"Grey!"

Ryan looked at his best friend who had called his name, "T.M. rupture, trauma one." Ryan nods his head, handing Caitlin the chart he was writing on since the two was on a patient together.