23- Money Money Money, Must be Funny, In the Rich Man's World...

Last Chapter

Suddenly, a loud creaking noise boomed throughout the hall, bringing silence upon with it as the vast double doors at the opposite side of the entrance where the guests came from opened slowly and the King and Queen made an appearance, signalling the beginning of the speech.

________________________________________________________________________________

A woman with brown, silky hair walked through the door, arm-in-arm with a man, they had large crowns with glittering jewels shining in the light as they moved. The woman, who was also the queen, wore a tight pink dress and her corset molded in to her curves, looking awfully painful (and plastic, but we don't talk about that...). The king's cape was dragged upon the floor as he elegantly walked, his shoulders and head held high like a statue. He wore a red tailcoat with silver swirls on top of his dress shirt that was nicely tucked in to his black trousers.

"Before we begin with the real purpose of this lavish banquet, I would like to thank you all for coming today! This would not be possible without all of your help and cooperation!" The king bellowed, making sure everyone could hear him, "Operation Bomb 'Em All could not have been possible without all the donations to the Rocket Space corporation, and altogether, when we counted them, it seems..."

Servants and maids carried in a colossal tray bigger than their own bodies, there were nearly one hundred people carrying it  with how large it was, it would've crushed them all if it was anything less and they dropped it down (I would say carefully, but that would be lying).

"We have donated over 5 billion berries!!"

Loud claps and cheers filled the hall and everyone had giant grins on their faces and ogled at the gold and money as a butler pulled off the silk fabric covering all it, well, everyone except Shanks and Y/n, they were too busy gaping at the sheer amount of money that was collected, and after a while of it, Y/n's neck got tired from staring upwards at the monarchs, so like any sane person would do, she returned her gaze to in front of her, then turning around to face Shanks, noticing he was taking a long time to process the information. Shanks turned to face her slowly, his eyes wide.

"Y/n... have you ever seen someone have that much money?..." He asked leisurely.

"Nope, but damn, that really is a lot of money, my eyes hurt just looking at it." Y/n replied, eyeing the gold that shone brighter than the jewels on the kings head. "But what I'm really shocked about is that no one's going after all that money and gold."

As the last word of her sentence came out of her mouth, a man flung himself towards the pile, a humongous smile was plastered across his face as he was about to land in it as people gasped and hands flew to mouths. The monarchs, however, remained having a stoic face and watched as a spear pierced the man's stomach right through his lung.

"Woah! He was skewered like a shish kebab!" Y/n inputted while Shanks snorted and grimaced as he looked at the man dangling off the spear he was impaled by and observed the blood dripping on to the floor.

"He caused such a fuss and now he's causing even more trouble by dirtying the floor with his blood, how annoying can someone be?" Shanks muttered and Y/n giggled when she heard him.

"Really annoying, Shanks, really annoying." The girl answered.

Shanks sighed in response.

Queen Amelia put her hand up to silence the hall of its whisper and gossiping.

"This, is what happens to those who defy us and try to steal the money, this, is what happens to the traitors who betray us for their own selfish desires, and this, is what happens to those who back out now, to those who denounce and spy on us!" The queen declared intimidatingly, snapping at everyone, she was sensitive to the money, she was, after all, the one who convinced everyone to contribute to the savings, and she was also the one to put high security on it. If the Knight failed to kill the man and he touched any of the money or gold, the part of his body that touched it would be cut off by high quality lasers the queen herself made and implanted, and unlikely may it be, if any of the cache had been stolen, a devil fruit belonging to the commander of the knights would go off and explode the body part holding the money o explode, eventually leading the person to death of blood loss.

Silence fell across the hall, not even a pin drop could be heard.

"I'm gonna be honest, I don't really wanna be stabbed like a shish kebab...."

That silence was broken by Y/n, who leaned sideways against Shanks and whispered in his ear, looking forward though, to remain as non-suspicious.

Shanks's lip curled slightly, trying to keep his composure at her words.

"My dear queen is correct, any one who is found out to be a traitor shall be executed, and none shall be spared, nor shall they be given any kind of mercy, they shall be labeled as scum and die as such." King Gergodo boomed, keeping a watchful eye on the crowd, taking in the faces of worry, concern and unease and smiling to himself as he viewed everyone and their reactions, although, his eyes narrowed as he saw a little girl look bored. He felt his blood boil as he peered at her covering her mouth with one hand and yawning and he clenched his fist tightly as he tried to ignore the girl with no obvious manners, and he felt a bit better when a boy with red hair knocked her hand down and stared at him nervously.

Shanks saw Y/n yawn in his peripheral view, he quickly slapped her hand down and nervously looked at the king, hoping he hadn't seen her blatant disrespect. Unfortunately for him, the king was looking right at them. Shanks shivered and quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact and felt thankful when the king started speaking again.

"Now! We shall start the real speech! Given by the creator of this plan, Tenryuubito Oshimiki!! Give a round of applause to this brilliant man!!" Claps and cheers erupted from every corner of the atrium and Shanks felt his eyes widen for a second before he returned to his normal self, he lazily clapped along to play the part.

However, his acting was short-lived, he noticed Y/n stiffen next to him, even more than he had, so it was a lot of stiffening... He stopped clapping and looked over at her without moving his head, she started shaking as she saw a man, a very short man, wearing an astronaut (?) looking uniform and was carried on the shoulder's of a slave. His purple hair looked like a wet mop that was used too much, way too much... 

The slave carried him through the door where King Gergodo and Queen Amelia walked through, Oshimiki's face had snot dribbling down it and he looked like an old baby that was bratty and scrunched up.

Y/n's eyes were wider than saucers and her hands were clenched in to tight balls, she felt her back hurting as she looked at the tenryuubito.

"What... is he doing here?...."

________________________________________________________________________________

HI! Sorry this chapter is kinda late! i was gonna write it yesterday and i even freed up my schedule but my stupid homework took me NEARLY 5 HOURS!!! i come back from school at around 4pm and my mum makes me give back my devices at like 10pm something so i didnt have enough time to write it :(.

this chapter...took me... 5 hours... to write... i.. wanna.. SCREAAAAAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😭

I googled how much 5 billion berries is in pounds and it only said it in USD so i had to do the conversions myself! btw, 5 billion berries in USD is 50 million USD and is... googles how much 50 million USD is in pounds.... is! 41,053,250 pounds!! chokes from money overdrive

Also! i'm thinking of changing the book name from Only a smile? to Love is Young, i told my friends but they said the first one is better so now i'm confused😭, then i thought, why not just do a vote? but i dont think any of you would be bothered enough to do that :( but fuck it, i'm doing it anyway! 

So pick one!! please?....🥺🥺🥺:

Only a smile?

Love is Young

thank you for your vote!! if you did vote.... if you didnt, please do!!🥺🥺🥺

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

Bye Bye!!

Words:1376