29- A Green Blob of Moss? *Gasp* A Marimo!!

Last time~

Shanks turned to look at Y/n with an excited grin on his face, which turned into worry when he saw her looking quite pale and staring hard at the floor. "Are you okay? Y/n?"

Suddenly, the purple-tinted air retracted, and flew into the sword strapped on her leg, and the sound of marching returned behind the large, golden doors, Shanks held onto Y/n, frozen.

________________________________________________________________________________

'That's not good, that's really not good!..." Shanks thought as he stared at the door, with the girl in his arms.  He heard muffled talking behind it.

"Hey, Joe, did you hear that? There was something moving inside there... do you think it's a ghost? If it is one, then you deal with it, okay??" Someone who Shanks assumes to be a soldier says.

"You're so whiny, I didn't hear anything, so there's nothing there, you're hallucinating." Shanks heard another, apparently called Joe, say. He heard shuffling and cries behind the door.  "Ugh! Fine, I'll check, just get off of me!!"

"Yes! Okay, I'll be waiting here, be quick!" The soldier said.

"You're so annoying..." Shanks heard Joe mutter as his voice got closer, he frantically looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide, before realising that there was a perfectly big hole right next to him. Shanks pulled himself up quickly and ran inside the hole in the wall, pushing the button to close it up as he carried Y/n.

Joe creaked the door open and peeked inside, before closing it and sighing. "See? I told you, there's nothing in there." 

"AHHHHH!! THEN THAT MEANS IT IS A GHOST CAUSE I KNOW I HEARD SOMETHING IN THERE!!!" The soldier replied, jumping onto Joe and crying large comical tears.

"Agh! Get off!! You loon! Get off!!" He cried.

~With Shanks in the hole in the wall brought to you by wow-I-haven't-done-one-of-these-in-a-long-time-!~

Shanks slowly walked through the circular tunnel, still carrying Y/n bridal style, thinking about how long the tunnel was. 'I think my legs are gonna fall off... Y/n, I told you not to eat too much chocolate!..." He cried silent, comical tears as he continued down the path.

"Oh, a light! A light at the end of the tunnel!- Wait, that doesn't sound right-... ehhh, I'm too young to die! Okay, going back up!" Shanks turned a swift 180 and started heading up, only to be stopped by a voice.

"Oi, you, who are you?" The voice said all of a sudden, Shanks contemplated on what to do, it was definitely a guard, who else could it be? So, does he make a run for it, or turn around and fight? Shanks chose the most logical option, stand still and pretend you're a tree, or a tomato in his situation.

Shanks stood perfectly still, not moving even an inch, and continued to hold on to Y/n, who was out like a light. "I'm talking to you, could you answer?" The owner of the voice came closer, and closer, and closer, and even closer until he was right behind Shanks.

"Kid-" The person put their hand on Shanks' shoulder and opened his mouth, only for a trail of dust to fly away and Shanks disappeared. He put a hand on his fluffy, green hair, ruffling it slightly, and stared at the particles of dust falling down. "Huh? Weirdo..."

Shanks ran for his life, it seems that his awesome strategy did not work, infact, it made him feel more like a tree than a human. Tears flew out of his eyes as he ran faster than he himself could see and almost dropped Y/n a couple of times, before grabbing her up again and running faster.