Rivals (part 3)

I stare at the text trying to hide my nervousness. I then glance at her "Dude you know JJ hates me, he's lying." I lie, she stares at me sadly."Yn-" she starts but I cut her off "You always believe them over me! Just take me home." I shout. I hear Kie sigh and then start to drive home.

*a few days later*

I'm sitting on my porch as my surfboard lays on the ground near me. Kie left to go hangout with the pogue's a few hours ago. I hear someone walking up the steps. I look over to where the stairs are and it's Rafe. Damnit. What does he want? I smile at Rafe "hey Rafe what's up?!" I ask joyfully. "What's up?" He echoes. "Yeah.." I mumble confused.

Rafe then rolls his eyes "Yn stop acting like you love me! Your clearly cheating on me because who else's attention do you want to get with that outfit?" He asks referring to my very light yellow bikini and light jean shorts. "What do you mean? Nobody's here to even see me except for you and my family." I state confused and annoyed. I don't show him that I'm annoyed though.

Rafe then puts his head in his hands. "Yn your such a whore! You always want attention don't you?" Rafe asks before landing a slap to my cheek. I hold my cheek as it stings "what the fuck!" I shout at him angrily. That makes Rafe even more pissed, he punches me in the cheekbone. He continues to punch and kick me until I'm almost passed out.

Rafe yells some shit that I can't hear and the walks away angrily. A few minutes after laying on the porch I weakly pull myself up. My parents are at the wreck and nobody should be home until at least 10 pm. I close the glass door behind me and pull out my phone. I look at myself in the Snapchat camera and I have a bloody cut on my forehead, jaw, and lip. I also have a bruise on my jaw.

Usually I would clean myself up but I have some time until my family comes home, so I just lay down on the couch and fall asleep. I get woken up to someone opening the glass door. I look up at the door and see JJ. "JJ what are you doing here?" I ask as I sit up. "Uh I just came to pick up Kie's- holy shit what happened?" JJ worriedly questions once he gets a look at my beat up face.

I totally forgot about earlier, shit. "I got in a fight." I lie as I stand up weakly and walk to the kitchen. "Bullshit. Your a good fighter you would never let someone beat you up that badly." JJ points out as he follows you. "Aw thanks for the compliment, I know I'm a good fighter." I sarcastically say as I pull a glass out of one of the cabinets.

JJ leans against the counter "It wasn't meant to be a compliment but stop trying to joke around. I know Rafe did that to you." He says, I tense up at the mention of Rafe's name. "Fuck off, everyone knows your lying." I say as I pour some water into a glass. JJ stares at me concerned "what?" I ask annoyed "Yn you know I'm not lying, what's your deal?" JJ asks furrowing his brows.

I scoff "what's my deal?" I echo "yeah isn't that what I just asked?" JJ asks sarcastically, I just nod annoyed. "Yn why are you with a psycho like him?" JJ asks sounding genuinely curious. "He's not a psycho, he's my boyfriend." I point out "A abusive boyfriend." JJ corrects.

I look up at JJ "I'm with Rafe and that's how it's gonna be, now leave me alone weirdo." I say angrily. "Just admit it Yn." JJ says. I feel so angry right now, like I can punch anything right now. It feels like agony just standing still. I punch the cabinet angrily. "Leave me alone JJ! First of all Kie doesn't even love me, my parents have always liked her better even though I do everything they have asked. I hate doing this kook shit! I only do it so they'll pay attention to me, but they don't!" I yell loudly as my eyes water.

JJ's eyes soften "Yn I-" he starts, I cut him off "No don't feel sorry for me JJ, you always have called me a 'stuck up kook', I don't even want to be a kook!" I shout before I start to punch and shove stuff off the shelves. My knuckles are now bleeding like my face. JJ yells my name but I ignore him, multiple times. Eventually I stop and start to cry, JJ wraps his arms around me as I sob into his chest.

I lift my arm up and then drop it back down as I sob out "I hate him." I then wrap my arms around him. JJ hugs me tighter "I know." he comforts, I can hear that his voice sounds sad. "What did I do wrong?" I ask while crying "Nothing, Rafe is stupid Yn he doesn't deserve you." He says as I continue to cry, but listen to his words.

Suddenly I hear the door open, I look past JJ and see Kie "JJ hurry-" she shouts before she sees us. Her face goes from confused to sad quickly. By now I've gotten out of JJ's hug. "Yn.. what's wrong?" Kie asks as her voice breaks. I just shake my head as my eyes have tears in them. "Why are you all beat up?" She questions again as she shakes her head sadly. "I'm fine alright? I don't need your guys help!" I raise my voice as I begin to walk upstairs. "Yn talk to us, you need to talk to us." Kie says softly.

I walk down the stairs angrily "Now you care?" I ask shocked "What do you mean I've always cared!" Kie truthfully says "Kie everyone loves you. Mom, Dad, the pogues, even the kooks like you, and you don't even hang out with them!" I shout sadly as I rub my knuckles. "Rafe doesn't even love me! My own boyfriend doesn't love me!" I shout again. Kie walks up to me and hugs me. After a few minutes of crying Kie brings me upstairs as JJ cleans the mess up that I made.

Kie brings me to my bed "I'm sorry Kie, I'm sorry for being a bad sister." I mumble sadly. Kie shakes her head quickly "Your not Yn, trust me your the best sister ever." Kie says as she pulls the blanket over me. I sadly smile at her before I start to fall asleep.

* 2 weeks later*

I've been hanging out with the pogue's and even though it hasn't been that long I'm already so close to them. Me and Kie have also grown closer. They told me about the gold and we're all in Jb's living room looking at the Tannyhill map. "Yn can I talk to you?" JJ asks. I nod and then follow him into John B's spare room. "Yn I like you and I know you broke up with Rafe not too long ago but-" JJ confesses quickly. I cut him off by kissing him "JJ I like you too, I always have" I say once I pull away from the kiss. "Really?" JJ asks happily while grinning at me.

"Yeah, really."

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed that little series! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions! - kb (: