Sighting Surfers

A/N: you're new to the island and you're a kook!

I'm currently sitting on my board and waiting for a wave. I came to Outerbanks for this surfing competition and I'm in the first heat.

I see a wave curling up in the distance and I start to paddle out. "It looks like Yn sees some potential in that left wave!" The announcers yells over the intercom, making the crowd cheer.

I plant my feet onto the board once I reach the wave, balancing my body perfectly. I hear the announcers yelling and cheering but I'm too focused on riding this wave all the way out.

I do tricks that my parents taught me back at home as I get closer and closer to the end of the wave. Once the wave is done, I backflip off of my board and into the salty water.

*JJ's Pov*

"Holy shit, who is that?" I ask as I admire the girl who just surfed the coolest wave I've ever seen.

"That's Yn Hartley, she's an awesome surfer back at her home island." Kie answers, her and the rest of the pogue's are on both sides of me.

"I've seen some of her highlights on instagram." John B comments as we watch Yn run out of the water, the buzzer going off.

"So she's like— famous?" I ask for clarity.

"Kinda, yeah. I'm pretty sure she's getting sponsorships and all of that stuff." Kie nods.

"I think she's gonna win this competition." Pope chimes in, we all nod in agreement.

I watch Yn get surrounded by reporters and interviewers, she smiles and respectfully answers all of their questions. I then see her walk over to the smoothie shack that's filled with tourists.

"I'll be back, I need a drink." I say before walking down the bleachers and over to Yn.

She looks at me, her eyes being the prettiest things I've ever seen. "Hi!" She smiles kindly.

"Hey, I saw your wave out there," I smile as I lean on the counter next to us. "you're really good." I continue with a nod.

"Awe, thanks." She thanks me as I watch the water on her hair drip onto her cheeks.

"No problem— I was wondering if you wanted to hangout with me and my friends later on, to celebrate your big win." I ask, trying to hide my nervousness.

"What do you mean celebrate my big win? What if I don't win?" She laughs out softly.

"Me and my friends know you're gonna win, you had the best wave out there by far." I assure her.

"Well, I'll definitely think about it. Thanks for the invite." She beams as she grabs her smoothie from the worker.

"Alright, if you decide to show up, we'll be at The Wreck— my friend's parents own it." I explain as I mess with my hair.

"Ok, maybe I'll see you there." She nods with a smile before walking off.

I quickly walk back over to the pogues, who are all laughing like crazy. "What?" I ask them as I sit back down.

"Where's your drink?" John B snickers.

"We thought you were thirsty." Pope adds.

"Only thirsty for Yn." John B jokes as he hits Pope in the shoulder.

"She's nice— and hot, so I invited her to The Wreck tonight." I shrug with a smirk.

I barely know her, but Yn seems like one of the nicest girls I've ever met. Hopefully she shows up tonight.

A/N: this is based on a story that I MIGHT write soooo I hope y'all like it.