Sighting Surfers (Part 2)

A/N: you're new to the island and you're a kook!

*Yn's Pov*

I'm currently accepting the first place medal, that monster wave really helped me place high. "Yn Hartley is the winner of the east coast surfing competition!" The announcer declares as I smile brightly, hugging the runner ups.

I get questions for around twenty minutes before I make my way over to my parents. "Congrats on the big win!" My mom screams happily as she wraps me in a tight hug.

"Thanks mom." I calmly smile.

"We're so proud of you!" My dad adds, picking me up and spinning me in a circle, causing me to laugh amusingly.

"Thank you guys, I couldn't have gotten here without you both." I point out.

"You're right about that." My dad jokingly mutters as he elbows me lightly. I laugh softly.

*Time Skip*

It's currently around five at night and I'm driving to The Wreck. I'm singing along loudly to some rap music as I near the restaurant.

Finally, I arrive and walk in, quickly spotting that boy and his friends. "Hey!" I smile as I walk up to them, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Hi!" The girl greets with a beaming look on her face, quickly pulling me in for a welcoming hug.

"Congrats on that big win today." A dark skinned boy congratulates me.

"Thank you." I nod with a smile. "Sorry— I'm Yn Hartley, forgive my manners." I introduce myself quickly.

"I'm JJ, these are my friends Pope, John B, and Kie." The blonde boy from earlier introduces them all quickly.

"It's nice to meet you all." I nod as we start to follow Kie to the back deck.

"I'm gonna snag us some free food— leftovers." She says as we all sit down. "Be right back." She adds before walking back inside.

"So Yn, are you here just for the competition or are you here for good?" Pope asks.

"Wow Pope, want her to leave already?" John B jokes, we all laugh.

"I might stay here for good. It's a very nice island." I answer with a nod. "You guys are locals, right?" I ask for clarity.

"Yeah, JJ's ancestors have been on this island for years and years." John B replies.

"They were pirates." JJ proudly laughs.

"Like Captain Hook or Jack Sparrow?" I ask.

"Definitely Jack Sparrow." JJ nods with his cute smile. I can feel my cheeks turn red, so I quickly look at the ocean that's in the distance.

"I've seen you on instagram— sorry if this is a weird question but, are you like famous back in Barbados?" Pope asks as Kie walks over to us with a trey of leftover clams and fries.

"I mean— kinda." I shyly shrug. "I don't surf for the sponsorships and the famous instagram posts though, I just do all of that to set my pro career off." I answer. "My dream is to just travel the world and surf." I add.

"Same. I wanna go to Micronesia and some of the south places." JJ nods as Kie slides into the seat next to me.

"Thanks for the food." I thank Kie quickly.

"Of course." Kie smiles.

"If you're planning on staying, you should definitely hang around with us." JJ suggests, everyone nodding in agreement.

"That sounds nice, yeah." I nod before eating some fries.

*Time Skip*

Everyone has left except for me and JJ, we offered to help Mr Carrera clean the restaurant, even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't like JJ.

After a while, we finish and he walks me out to my car. "Tonight was fun." JJ says.

"Yeah— thanks for inviting me." I thank him. "I literally knew nobody on this island." I laugh.

"Well, now you do." He says as he opens the door for me. I hop into the car.

"I guess so." I shrug with a shy smile.

"Do you maybe wanna come surf with me tomorrow morning?" He asks as I turn my car on.

"Is this a date, JJ?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"Only if you want it to be." He answers as he shuts my door, my window being rolled down.

"I want it to be a date." I admit, my eyes flickering down to his lips.

"Me too." He nods. I see him look down at my lips and I quickly lean through the window and kiss him passionately.

We kiss for a while. I don't wanna stop, but I know that I have to get going. "I have to go, I'll see you in the morning." I smile softly.

"See you in the morning." JJ nods as he backs away from my Jeep.

Now I really wanna stay in the Outerbanks.