Chapter 2: The Sorting Ceramony

Luce was still super nervous for this Sorting House thing. Iris had left just moments ago, headed into the Great Hall. She would be the Muggle Studies teacher this year and hopefully years to come. Minerva on the other hand would be leading the sorting ceremony, as she's done for years now.

The other first years walked in and gathered around. Luce did not like crowds, never has. She bit the inside of her cheek hard, till she tasted blood, and felt her hands shake. She tried to think of thoughts to calm her and crossed her arms; the only thing she could think of was Quittage. Quittage is a wizardry sport and anyone of 'our kind' can play. It's rather fun. Minerva had spoke about it a few times and she already knew all the rules. Her brother Draco had also talked about it a lot when he came home from his first year, last year. Oh, and they've been to the Quittage World Cup twice; that was fun. Luce's thoughts calmed her down a tiny bit and she went to stand with their group. Luce ended up standing next to a red-haired girl, with freckles. Her hair reminded Luce almost of fire. The girl looked at her and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Ginny Weasley." Luce tried her best not to flinch when she held out her hand. The two shook hands and smiled.

"I-, I-, I'm Luce." They smiled at each other again, and Ginny was about to say something else, till Minerva spoke, quieting everyone down.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. The feast will begin shortly, but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses," she said in her professor voice, but smiled so only Lucinda could notice. "They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw,...and Slytherin. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. Now if you could follow me we could begin," she said as she turned around, and the doors magically opened,

All the students looked up in awe at the Great Hall. They were all very excited. They finally reached the sorting hat and Minerva began to explain the rules about the hat and all the students started to get a little nervous. Minerva called out the first student's name. Lucinda watched as the boy walked up to the stool nervously and sat down. Then, Minerva placed the hat down on his head, and smiled when the hat called out "Hufflepuff!" The Hufflepuff table erupted in a roar of cheers.

Luce continued to watch the ceremony as she got more nervous until her name was called.

"Malfoy, Lucinda." Minerva called, reading from the scroll.

Luce gulped and hesitated, but walked up, keeping her eyes focused on the ground. Still she felt all eyes on her and even more as soon as she turned, revealing her long scars across her face and down her neck. Before turning fully, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Albus and Iris smile.

Luce sat there and had felt like time was moving very slowly, as she waited for Minerva to place the Sorting Hat on her head. As Minerva did, her gaze caught something, well more like someone. He saw her too. It was Draco, her brother. The two held each other's gazes, as the Sorting Hat spoke.

"Ahh. Ms. Malfoy," The Sorting Hat started. "The Slytherin House runs through your bloodline...very strong indeed. All but, your relative Sirius Black though. The two of you are much alike; for say of troubling pasts." Luce had heard of her mother's cousin, Sirius Black. Yet they say he was a disgrace to the Noble House of Black and the entirety of the bloodline; hence him being in Gryffindor and later disowned for other reasons too. It sounded like her too, the one no one actually wanted. Luce didn't know what it was, but something in her didn't want to be a Slytherin, she wanted to be free, and she'ld take any freedom she could. "Rebellious, I see." She jumped when the Sorting Hat spoke again. Luce hadn't realized it could hear her thoughts. "But of course I can...don't be frightened child, I don't mean harm or offense." He continued, stating. "Overall, perhaps you're right, but you would still be exceptional in Slytherin, despite how your bloodline would play into this. Though, I dared to tell that to Sirius too, and he on the other hand did very well in his house...traditions do occasionally break..." The silence seemed to grow louder, as the Sorting Hat was contemplating in its mind(-and aloud), well that's what Luce assumed it was doing. Moments later, "Ah, yes, yes, I've decided. You have a long future ahead of you, Ms. Malfoy." It paused for another moment. "I'm not that dramatic......This will be good....Let it be......Gryffindor!"