Chapter 6: The Sunrise Kiss

Luce and Ginny woke up just before dawn. Ginny hopped out of bed, and still in her pajamas, she threw her sweatshirt on. "Well, c'mon." Ginny walked back over to Luce and pulled her out of the bed; Luce groaned as she did. "Oi, stop complaining and hurry up."

Luce threw on her sweatshirt as well, and after her shoes, which Ginny already had hers on. The two, still in their pajamas, crept downstairs, Ginny carrying the folded blanket in her arms. They paused when they thought they heard something, but it was just their imaginations. With that, they crept outside, and ran to the swinging bench, across the yard, giggling. Even though the yard was small, for protection details and hidden by magic, they were still able to see the full length of the sky, as the sun was just beginning to rise.

Luce moved closer to Ginny, like usual, and the two shared the thick blanket. Also as usual, Luce's heart seemed to skip a beat or two when she was alone with Ginny. She hadn't realized what that could mean till now. Now was different, now, Luce could see Ginny's beautiful face be defined more as the sunrise began, the colors making her glow. Luce could hear her own heartbeat increase, but why now?! Yes, the two were fifteen, but she still hadn't a clue of what was happening, but at the same time she was positive she had some good suspensions and guesses.

"You're staring." Ginny teased Luce, turning her whole self to face her.

The sky was now filling slowly with arrays of stunning colors; pinks, oranges, yellows, dark and light blues. Ginny was smiling, as was Luce. Something deep inside of her was longing to say or do something, but her mind started to race, leaving her frozen. The wind picked up. Ginny grabbed Luce's hand underneath the blanket. They held the others' gaze. Luce wasn't sure what Ginny was thinking, but she wished on almost every spell she did.

"What's on your mind, Malfoy?" Ginny squeezed Luce's hand.

Luce both loved and hated that nickname. For one, Ginny always had a slight smirk on her face every time she had said it, and two it reminded her of the family she never really had.

When Luce didn't answer, Ginny looked away momentarily at the still growing sunrise. And the next, Ginny had wrapped her arms around Luce, giving her a reassuring hug. Luce on the other hand, felt her face slowly get hot. Merlin, what was wrong with her?!

Silence continued to loom over them, as the two wrapped up in their own thoughts. Luce and Ginny were still holding hands, and they have been this whole time. Meanwhile, Luce and Ginny had moved even closer together; Luce's head laid upon Ginny's shoulder.

"Do you like anyone?" Luce blurted, but it was more of a whisper yell.

Ginny had blushed a tiny bit at her question, but Luce didn't seem to notice too much. "Why do you ask?"

"No-, no reason."

"Well, I do." Ginny replied, a small smile reappearing on her face; she had secretly hoped Luce wouldn't see.

There was that silence again. The sky was now just a bit over halfway to being it's normal "day colors". Luce had no clue how to respond or even what to do next. She knew she had to do something though. After collecting her chaotic bunch of thoughts, she lifted her head, Ginny facing her right after. "I-, I-, I do too."

Ginny smiled and nodded in understanding, before replying with, "Who's this guy you fancy?" Luce hadn't been sure if it was her mind playing tricks, but she thought Ginny almost sounded annoyed for a millisecond.

"Girl." Luce replied too quickly. She watched Ginny's facial expression change. From shocked wide eyes, to an almost worried/panicky look with a small smirk forming on her face, still keeping her same composure like usual. Luce has always been able to see straight through it.

"Me too." Ginny mumbled in response, not realizing Luce heard her.

"Huh?"

"Oh, uh-, um, same here." All Luce could do was nod, as an awkward silence loomed around the two.

"About that," Ginny paused, before continuing on, "Uh-, we um-, both know her. She's got white blonde hair and almost cold, but sparkling eyes."

"So at least half the girls in Slytherin, minus the sparkle." Luce was losing whatever hope she had for the direction of this conversation. Ginny just gave a half awkward laugh, yet we both knew those snobs fit that description all a little too well.

The two had moved their hands from out under the blanket, but still kept them intertwined. Luce glanced down, giving her another random piece of hope and strength. "I have to tell you something, but I don't want you to uh-, um-, leave me."

Luce let out a small sigh, as Ginny smiled at her, "I'm never going to leave you Lucinda."

Ginny's voice and her saying Luce's actual name gave her the reassurance she had been originally doubtful about. "I like you and I know I've said this before but I do, I really do. You've been there for me from the start even though you could have left years ago and I won't ever understand why you didn't leave and-." Luce was cut off by something, well also someone she never would've expected. It had all happened so fast, but as soon as it did, Luce didn't flinch or pull away. She didn't want to and actually, she added, by doing it back.

In a split second all of her pain and fear and other worries were cut away too, by Ginny's kiss.

Yes! Ginny had leaned in and cut Luce's rambling self off with a deep, sweet and soothing kiss. One that was perfect and long overdue. They broke apart, both grinning, and leaning against the other--their foreheads touching. Ginny had taken both of Luce's hands in hers. "Well-, at least I figured out who you fancied." Luce still had a wide grin on her face. One of pure happiness and relief.

Ginny shook her head and laughed, before looking back into Luce's eyes.

"So, um-, what are we?" Luce wasn't sure, as she didn't think it would make it this far. Ginny however answered before her, "I want to be with you, if that's okay."

Luce's smile returned and she gave a small, but quick kiss to Ginny on her lips again. "But, do you mind if we keep it on the low for now?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Ginny laughed once more, before standing and holding out her hand to Luce. "We should get inside, before our mums kill us."

Luce laughed and nodded in agreement, before taking Ginny's hand to stand up. So, after grabbing the blanket, the two ran back into Headquarters, and crept inside. Oblivious to the fact that Minerva and Iris had watched the whole 'thing'.

It was early in the morning and the sun was starting to rise.

Minerva woke up to the sound of the birds chirping. She had to smile at the thought of the morning where all the animals were starting to wake. She turned slightly to see that her wife, Iris, was still sleeping. She smiled and kissed Iris's head before getting up to use the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, making sure her hair was in it's normally tight bun, but something was telling her that it didn't look right, so she decided to leave it down. She had to blame the fact that she looked younger and wanted to figure out how she de-aged.

She walked out of the bathroom to see her wife looking out of the window, smiling. "Darling, are you okay?"Minerva asked, wondering what her wife was staring at.

"Min, look!" Iris said happily, quickly grabbing Minerva's hand and yanking her to the window.

Minerva gasped at what she saw, smiling after. The couple were both looking at their daughter and Ginny cuddled up with a blanket, watching the sunrise.

"Just like what we used to do, Iris," Minerva laughed at the thought.

They watched the girls for a couple minutes until they saw what the two were secretly hoping for all this time. They saw Lucinda and Ginny kiss.

"Yes," Iris quietly shouted, excitedly.

"Shh!" Minerva teased, while walking away from the window to finish getting ready for the day. "Come on Iris, we've got stuff to do."

"Fine." Iris closed the curtain and turned around with a small smirk on her face.

As Minerva finished pinning her hair up, she saw Iris' expression through the mirror'. "Oh what now, Iris?"

Iris walked over to Minerva, wrapping her arms around Minerva's waist, and simply said, "I told you so."