Chapter 20: Stick Together

(TW: anxiety, sleep/eating problems, & stress/small breakdown)

Morning came around and Iris and Minerva started to wake up. "Good morning, Tabby," Iris said, kissing Minerva lightly.

"Morning, kitten," Minerva quietly said, wrapping an arm around Iris. There was a moment of silence while the two witches were thinking. "Luce and Draco finally get to come home today. I hope everything went ok because if not, I will hex them. I wish they didn't have to go back to that awful place," Minerva sat up, getting more into her rant. "I mean Narcissa isn't that bad, but Lucius is a-" Minerva was cut off by Iris embracing her with a comforting hug.

"I know, dear. I know. I've been dreaming about all the hexes that we could do to them," Iris said, causing Minerva to laugh slightly. "How about we go down stairs and I make you some breakfast and tea?" Iris asked .

"That sounds nice," Minerva responded.

The couple got dressed for the morning, waiting to wear their fancy clothes for the Christmas Eve party, and headed down stairs. Together, Minerva and Iris enjoyed a light breakfast and tea by the fire.

After they ate, it was finally time to pick up Lucinda and Draco from Malfoy Manor. "What do you mean we can't apparate, or ride our brooms?" Iris asked a bit frustrated at Kingsley, who just stopped by to tell them that they would have to get the children the Muggle way.

"It's safer this way. You won't get seen this way. Otherwise Voldemort and his followers will see you and take advantage," Kingsley explained. "Don't worry, I'll enchant it so that it can drive itself. Just make sure it looks like you are driving so that the muggles don't think you're weird."

For the next forty five minutes, Iris and Minerva were driving, which was a complete nightmare, but they finally arrived at the manor. "You ready?" Minerva asked and the two women were stepping out of the car.

"More than ever," Iris responded. Minerva and Iris walked up to the front door and knocked. It was a moment before the door was opened by a small house elf.

"Hello, may Zipsy helps you?" The elf asked

"Yes. We are here to pick up the children," Minerva said, smiling at the elf.

The elf let them in and closed the door behind them.

Draco had finished his breakfast and was about to go check on Luce, when he heard their house elf, Zipsy talking. Unsure of what she was saying or doing, he got up and headed to the door.

"Who are you talking to Zipsy." Draco turned the corner to see her standing with her head through the cracked doorway.

Zipsy quickly turned to face Draco, as the door opened slightly more.

"Master, I-, your-, Minerva McGonagall and Iris Miracle are here to pick the-, I mean you children up, master Draco."

"Alright. Well, let them in, they're probably freezing out there, Zipsy." Draco instructed promptly, with his arms crossed.

"I deeply apologize, Master." Zipsy quickly opened the door and the two Professors stepped in.

"Thank you." Iris smiled at the elf, as she hurried to stand by Draco.

"Hello Draco." Minerva stated, closing the door behind her.

"Hello. You two can wait here." Draco showed them to the kitchen table. "Zipsy get them what they ask for, understood? I'll be back with Luce in a few moments." Draco started walking out as he finished his last sentence.

"Of course Master Draco, Zipsy will do it with much honor and quicken pace." Zipsy called after him in response.

Draco sped up the stairs and to Luce's room; he didn't bother to knock. "Luce, mums are here." He paused not seeing Luce in her bed at first. He looked up and quickly saw where she sat in the window, and he went to her. "Hey, what's wrong?"