Chapter 8: Quittage Fixes Everything

Ginny couldn't fall back asleep, as she had slept for almost another whole day. Dusk was nearing and the sun would completely set within the hour by the latest. She didn't leave Luce, even for lunch. Ginny sat there playing around with her wand, reading some short books she could reach, or she played with Luce's long hair. After a while, she did end up putting her own hair and then Luce's, into two long French braids; Luce woke up a bit after.

"Hello sleepy head." Ginny smirked.

"Shut up." Luce giggled, playfully hitting Ginny's shoulder.

"Hey!" Luce climbed out of the bed quickly, but Ginny was faster. She grabbed Luce's wrist, pulling her back onto the bed, and then Ginny sat on top of Luce, refraining her from getting up.

Luce tried pushing her off, but Ginny pinned Luce's arms down. "Cheater." Luce commented as she laughed.

"No love, it's called winning." Ginny still had a smirk on her face, as she leaned down, giving Luce a small, but passionate kiss. Luce kissed her back, before pushing her off to the side on the bed.

Ginny scoffed, and smirking, looked up to Luce, "I'll get you back for that, Malfoy."

Ginny hopped off the bed and Luce ran to the other side, laughing and dodging from Ginny. Ginny ended up cornering Luce and held up a pillow, "No, wait, wait! Get your other clothes on, and we'll have our rematch."

Ginny laughed too, holding the pillow above her head. "It's almost dark."

"Then we better hurry." Luce responded, as Ginny threw the pillow back onto the bed.

The two got dressed quickly into some of their older clothes.

"Thanks for doing my hair by the way." Luce turned towards Ginny and away from the mirror.

Ginny smiled in response, as she was already by the door. "You coming?"

Before Luce could respond, Ginny was already out the door, Luce racing afterwards. The two laughed more as they jumped from the last few steps and ran outside, not bothering to be stopped or questioned.

It was later in the evening and Iris saw that Minerva was still sad about what happened earlier. She wanted to cheer her wife up, but she needed a plan. A plan that was good enough for a very stubborn woman.

Iris finally had an idea. So, she got up from where she was sitting and ran up the stairs to her and Minerva's room. Iris quickly got to their trunks and grabbed their brooms. Iris is going to take Minerva flying. She made sure she had both brooms before she ran back downstairs to find Minerva looking out of the window with a tear rolling down her face. This made Iris slightly frown because she hated seeing her wife sad.

Iris leaned the brooms against the wall and walked quietly over to her wife.

"Minnie," Iris said softly, putting an arm around Minerva.

Minerva jumped at the instant touch and voice, but relaxed when she realized who it was. Minerva quickly wiped away her tears and turned around, smiling at Iris. "Hello dear," Minerva whispered.

Iris sat next to her and grabbed her hands. Iris wanted to say something to Minerva about her feelings, but decided against it because Minerva had trouble talking about her feelings, especially during the dark times.

Minerva was happy that Iris was there and was happy to show it by cupping her wife's face and leaning in, kissing her passionately, but softly. Both Iris and Minerva were feeling the love in the kiss. In fact, they wanted to do more than kiss, but Iris remembered why she was there.

Iris broke apart and leaned her head on Minerva's. "I have a surprise for you," She said, smirking.

"You're telling me that this wasn't the surprise," she chuckled, her accent more visible in her voice, also returning the smirk.