Chapter 29: A Break

(TW: implications of mental illness and trauma)

"Rise and shine children." Sirius opens the bedroom curtains, allowing the bright sunlight to fill the room. They all groaned.

"You all should be downstairs in fifteen minutes, no arguments." Remus popped his head through the door. "Oh and bring a jacket." Remus added, as he and Sirius left without saying another word.

"It's too early for this rubbish." Pansy grumbled, pulling her blanket over her head.

"Nope, if we have to get up, so do you." Draco pulled the blanket back off of Pansy.

"I hate you." She glared at him, throwing the pillow, and hitting him square in the back, as he walked over to his trunk.

"Come on Pans, you can help me fix my hair." Luce was out of bed and heading out of the room to the bathroom down the hall.

"Fine." Pansy grabbed her clothes and followed Luce into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them.

"What do you think they want?" Pansy asked, fixing her makeup. She was only partially dressed.

"No idea." Luce replied, turning away from Pansy as she got undressed. "When are we going back to school again?"

"Monday, so we've got like three days to chill. Though the year is practically over so I don't know why we have to go back at all." Pansy remarked, as she buttoned her skirt up. "When I get back I'm doing your hair."

Pansy left and Luce sighed, staring at her reflection quietly, as she took her hair from its frizzy bun.

Everyone finished getting ready twenty minutes later. "You're all late." Remus pointed out as they walked into the kitchen.

"The two of them took forever in the bathroom." Matteo replied.

"Uh we came back to you two back in bed." Pansy argued.

"It didn't even take us ten minutes to get ready." Draco added to the argument.

"Enough children." Remus stood up from the table, Sirius right after.

"Let's just get going." Sirius stated and was the first to head out the door.

"Where are we going?" Pansy whispered to Draco.

"I don't know Pans." Draco sighed and followed after Sirius and Remus.

"You okay?" Matteo stopped Luce at the door.

She looked up at him, "I'll be fine Theo. Come on."

We made it outside to the car. "Why are we taking an old car?" Pansy stopped abruptly, causing Luce to walk into her.

"Sorry." Luce mumbled before standing beside her.

Remus stood by the driver's side, responding as he opened the door. "Because the Ministry is tracking any travel used by magic. Now get in, children."

"This is ridiculous." Draco muttered, as he climbed in. Luce and Matteo sat in the back, Draco and Pansy in the middle seats, Sirius in the passenger side, and Remus drove.

Halfway through the drive, Remus leaned over and hit Sirius' shoulder. "I already told you to stop messing with everything and get your feet off the dash."

"You're no fun anymore, Moony." Sirius complains, but listens to him. "Are we there yet?"

"No, now stop asking."

"Well if I were driving, we'd be there by now." Sirius muttered, looking out the window.

Remus didn't say anything for a moment, but as they came to a stop sign, "If you were driving we'd be dead or you in a muggle jail again."