Chapter 18: The Beginning of Secrets

The rest of the summer was spent with the large group preparing for the new school year. They all went to Diagon Ally, to shop for new school supplies like, quills, ink, parchment, and years required books. Also, they stopped at Madam Malkin's robe shop. Some of the children grew out of their robes and needed new ones.

A week later, the large group arrived at the train station for the Hogwarts express. They all ran through the Platform Nine and Three Quarters, ten minutes before the train would leave.

"Oh, bye dears," Molly said, giving Luce and Draco her famous motherly hugs, which were usually very tight.

"Bye Mrs. Weasley," Luce said, smiling, and Draco waved goodbye.

Finally, all the Weasley's plus Harry, Hermione, Draco, and Luce arrived on the train. Harry, Ron, and Hermione went to their compartment and Draco, Luce, and Ginny went to a different one.

"I wonder what crazy event will happen this year," Ginny said, and they all started laughing.

The train finally arrived and all the students got off the train. Hagrid was there to take the first years up to the castle to meet Professor McGonagall, while the rest of the students headed up to the Great Hall. The group of friends were all smiling. They were excited to be home again.

The Sorting Ceremony went by quickly and it was the same as each year. More first years were in Hufflepuff and Slytherin this year than the last, but an equal amount came to both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

Dumbledore's speech went over the rules and messages from Filch. Classes were to start on the Monday following the last weekend of the Summer Holiday as it did every year. The only thing different was that the curfew was an hour earlier than last year and everyone seemed to talk about the Azkaban Breakouts more. The rumors of Sirius and Bellatrix seemed to grow out of hand and that inured what was said in the Daily Prophet.

Luce and Draco would have to keep their eyes open and mouths shut around everyone, especially Harry. Luce had a bad feeling that something bad was going to happen again this year, and it would be worse than last.

The breakouts happened during the last part of her second year at Hogwarts and those who've gotten out have been in hiding to say the least. Even the wedding was limited to only the most trustworthy people from Minerva, Iris, Sirius, and Remus' lives.

Luce turned to look at Draco who had been watching her and nodded. Luce stood slowly, as everyone continued eating.

"Hey, where are you going?" Ginny grabbed Luce's arm.

"To our dorm, I'm not hungry, so I uh might just go to bed." Draco had taken the long way and was now walking over to her.

"I'll go with you." Ginny put her fork down but Luce stopped her.

"No, you stay and finish eating. I'm going with Draco. I needed to talk to him anyway." Luce smiled slightly and finished her sentence as Draco came to her side.

"We'll see you all in the morning. Let's go, Luce."

"Night." Harry waved a second time.

Draco looked back, "Goodnight Potter." Draco and Luce walked close to each other's side and quickly out of the Great Hall.

Minerva and Iris exchanged looks. This is the first time that Ginny and Luce didn't leave together. They could tell something was wrong because Ginny looked slightly worried at the fact that she couldn't go with Luce. On the other hand, Luce looked nervous about something.

"Did you see that Minnie?" Iris asked, turning her head towards her wife to know what she was thinking.

"Yes, and I think we should talk to her after we introduce the house rules to the first years in the tower," Minerva said.