Chapter 28: They Know

(TW: panic attack & mention of eating disorder and self-harm)

Luce eventually hurried off and knocked on Matteo's door, who opened it. "Guess who's alive!"

Matteo laughed and pulled Luce in the room, closing the door behind them. "Your jokes are not funny, love." He leaned in and kissed her softly. "I'm sorry, we didn't come sooner. If we had known-."

"It's alright, I understand." Luce climbed into Matteo's bed.

"Did you uh, talk to Ginny at all?" Matteo turned the light off.

"Not with everything that's happened, no. Though, she hasn't told anyone about us or what happened."

"What about your mums?"

"They want to talk with me, well us tomorrow." Luce sighed and pulled the covers up to her chin.

"Us?" Matteo wrapped his arm around Luce, as she laid there, eyes closed.

"Yeah." Luce yawned. "You, me, Draco, and Pansy to start. I think they've already talked a ton with Albus, Sirius, and Remus, with all that happened at the Ministry." Luce yawned again. "We're not telling my mums anything about us or what's been happening. It's too dangerous and besides, they would never understand or approve for that matter."

"You're right. We'll try to talk with Draco and Pansy in the morning before-." Matteo went quiet for a moment and Luce turned to look at him. Before she could ask him what was wrong, Draco and Pansy walked through the door.

"Hey, sorry for interrupting." Pansy came and hopped onto the edge of the bed. Draco turned the light back on and sat on his bed.

"Okay, what's up with everyone? Why are you all acting weird?" Luce sat up against the headboard, blanket pulled up to cover her stomach.

"Because we need to have a talk." Pansy started, giving somewhat worried looks to Draco as she sat next to him. Luce's smile faded.

"We know you aren't eating." Draco started, arms crossed.

"What are you talking about? I am eating, I-." Luce was defensive.

"What's the last thing you ate? Or when?" Matteo grabbed Luce's hand. "Be honest, love."

Luce shook her head, a tear slipped down her cheek. "I-, I don't know. Why are you asking stupid questions?"

"Luce, you've lost a lot of weight." Pansy sighed.

"So what, I don't see what the problem is."

"Fine, you either tell us or I'll tell Sirius." Draco now stood at Luce's side.

"Don't you dare, Draco. You don't get it!" Luce screamed at him, on the verge of tears.

"Then just tell us, so we can help you! Why are you doing this again?!" He matched her tone.

"Because I don't deserve to eat! I'm just not good enough for anyone, because I'm a monster, just like our parents! I-, I-, just leave me alone!" Luce broke down, letting her tears fall. Matteo instantly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close as she sobbed.

"You are good enough Lucinda." Matteo whispered, kissing her head.

"Luce you are nothing like our parents." Draco sat on the bed and took Luce in his arms, after Matteo let go. "You deserve so much more than this. You deserve to be happy."

"Why can't I believe you?" Luce didn't stop shaking.

"Luce, breath. You've got to take some deep breaths." Draco sits her up, and she just starts to cry again, getting more freaked out. Matteo holds her arms by her side. "Breathe, it's okay! Pans, go get Sirius, only Sirius!" Pansy nodded and hurried out of the room.

Luce throws herself forward out of their grasp. She hurries to the corner that's in between the desk and the wall. Both of them hurry after her, as Sirius and Pansy come running back into the room.

"Where is she?" Sirius looks around the room, only to find them soon after. Sirius is on his knees, in front of Draco and Matteo who've backed up.

"Plea-, please don't hurt me." Luce has her hands covering her head as she rocks back and forth.

"I would never hurt you, you're safe." Sirius holds out his hand and though her breathing is nowhere near stable, Luce hesitates, but takes his hand.

Sirius pulls Luce to her feet, "I can't-." Seconds later, she passes out in Sirius' arms.

They all stand frozen, for a mere moment, before Sirius picks her up and lays her down in bed. After covering her up, "What happened?"

"We think Luce is falling back into old habits." Matteo states worriedly.

"Is she cutting again?" Sirius looks at Draco.

"I don't think so, but she's not eating." Draco sighs. "Merlin, I should've been watching her more. I-, I knew something was off, besides the whole dying thing, but-."
Sirius cuts Draco off, by placing his hand on his shoulder. "Don't. You've done the best you can, all three of you have. I know this is hard to watch, but we've all got to just support her right now." Sirius pauses and looks back at Luce for a moment. "Now, we'll talk again in the morning. You all should get some sleep, but wake me up if you need anything at all."

Sirius wished them a goodnight and was just about to leave when Matteo stopped him. "She doesn't want her mums to know."

"I'll make that call." Sirius closed the door.

Matteo climbed into bed with Luce. "You two don't have to stay."

"Of course we're staying." Draco said; Pansy slept on the couch and Draco in the reclining chair. "Do you truly love my sister, Theo?"

"I always have." Draco just nodded. Matteo turned the lights off and they went to sleep for the remainder of the night.