Chapter 15: Toast and the Pink Toad

(TW: the evil pink cat lady, detention/injury, threats & mention of homophobia)

It was the next morning and Luce and Ginny were getting ready for their first class. They headed to the Muggle studies classroom earlier than everyone else so Luce could say "hello" to her mum. When everyone was seated, Iris came out with a toaster, which only some students knew because they grew up in the muggle world.

"Professor Miracle, what is that?" A Gryffindor student asked.

"Well, my dear, this is a toaster," Iris said, placing it on the front table so everyone could see. "First we plug it in, which I think goes like this," Iris struggled slightly before plugging it into an outlet. "Then you take bread and place it in. Finally you push down the handle to toast it. Eventually, the bread will become toast. All the students started to clap.

All the students slightly jumped when the toast popped up. "It's hot so you have to be careful when grabbing it out of the toaster," Iris grabbed a fork so that she could grab the toast easier, but when she planted it in, the toaster electrocuted her, which made her hair stand up, everyone gasped or laughed.

The toaster started to get out of control. The plug was sparking and flinging around. Iris started firing spells at it, but it only made it worse. She managed to enlarge the toaster, making it several feet tall. All the students started screaming and running around as toast flew around the classroom. Iris was still firing spells, shouting louder and louder, as many students hid under the desks or around the room.

A couple corridors down, Minerva's class was taking a transfiguration test. All of a sudden they started hearing distant screaming and shouting. "Miss Granger, would you be so kind and watch the class?" Minerva asked. Hermione nodded and Minerva walked out of the classroom quickly. When she reached the classroom she found a large machine that was out of control, students behind the teacher's desk, and her wife who was shouting spells at the machine and looked like she just got fried.

"What in Merlin's name is going on here?" Minerva shouted, her Scottish accent visible.

"I don't know, dear, but HELP ME!"Iris panicked. Minerva quickly grabbed her wand, also shouting out spells, but they weren't working.

"What the f-," Iris was cut off by Minerva.

"Iris, the students,"

Peeves was laughing and enjoying the 'show'. "Peeves go get Albus, now," Minerva demanded, still firing spells.

"Aww, but why? I'm enjoying the show." Peeves, the poltergeist, was pretending to pout. "Want some toast?"

"NOW!" Minerva demanded, shouting.

"Okay, okay." Peeves said as he floated out of the room to find the headmaster.

A few minutes later, Albus came quickly into the muggle studies classroom. He raised his wand at the toaster and shouted clearly, "Deletrius!" That was the Eradication Spell, which also served as a charm that could disintegrate objects. Minerva and Iris thanked him and agreed to talk later, and then Albus headed back to his office.

Shortly after, all the students went back to grab their bags, as class ended, and they headed off to their morning break. Luce and Ginny were just about to leave, when Iris stopped them.

"Miss Malfoy, may I have a word?" Iris asked.

Luce nodded, but was a little scared at what her mother needed. She didn't sound mad, in fact she sounded concerned, but in her teacher's voice. Luce hoped that she didn't do something wrong again or if she found out about yesterday.

A few moments later, Luce and Ginny were standing in front of a concerned Minerva and Iris. Minerva put a silencing charm on the door so no one could hear them. "Darling, are you alright?" Iris asked, gently placing a hand on Luce's shoulder.