Chapter 25: Decisions of Protection

(TW: Panic attack & slight spicy scene ;)

Minerva and Iris barely slept that night. They were both worried about Lucinda and Draco. All they were thinking about was if they got back to the castle or not, and if they weren't, they would tell Albus immediately.

The following morning, they saw them at breakfast. Luce, Draco, and Pansy were sitting in the furthest corner of the Slytherin tables, with a few others Minerva and Iris had seen around and in their classes. Besides the two they knew well, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, and Matteo Riddle were all sitting together. Not even Crabbe or Goyle were by them, they sat in conversation in their usual spot. Thankfully there were no classes tomorrow, because they could keep an eye on the group. Still, Minerva had a class with the group, and the Quittage game of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff canceled the last two classes for the afternoon, so they'll be able to talk to them then.

The next morning, Luce woke up next to Pansy. Pansy was like a sister to Luce which was really nice sometimes, even though Pansy was just a year older then Luce herself. After the short fight she had with Ginny and Hermione, about how Luce has been too secretive and reckless, Luce grabbed her unpacked bag and slept in Pansy's dorm for the night.

"Hey, time to get-, how long have you been awake Luce?" Pansy sighed, as she sat up and stretched.

"For a few hours or so." Luce yawned in response.

"You still haven't told me what happened last night. Why were you crying?" After a moment when Luce didn't answer, "Come on, you can tell me."

"It's stupid and all my fault." Luce pulled the comforter back over her head, as she started to get lost in the memories.

"Hey, hey. It's probably not your fault, you don't-." Pansy sighed and joined Luce under the blankets.

"It is Pans. I didn't tell Ginny we were going back to my parents, I lied to her and made her super worried. I can't keep her or her family safe if I don't do what he wants!"

"Well maybe-."

"She'll never know how much I'm risking for her or-, or everyone else!" Luce screamed the last bit of her rant in frustration. Pansy climbed onto the bed and hugged her for a few moments.

"I know this will sound bad, but maybe you should break up with her."

"Why?" Luce's voice was quiet, but she didn't move.

"You're going to have to keep lying to her and keep secrets to protect her, so maybe it's the safest thing for the both of you. If you truly love her, you have to let her go until this is all over. No one can know about what we're doing." Pansy pulled Luce to her feet.

"I know, it'd put all of us in more danger."

The two got dressed and ready for the day in silence. As Pansy opened the door, Luce sighed, "I think you're right."

"Right? When is Parkinson ever right?"

"Oh, shove it, Zabini." Pansy pushed past him, but waited in the Common Room till they came.

"What was she right about little Malfoy?" Blaise asked Luce again, as they came down, playfully tapping her shoulders. "Come on, Lucey I just want-."

"Stop that and why are you even bugging her, Blaise?" Matteo grabbed Luce's arm and pulled her back from him.

"I was just curious about what the two of them were talking about." Blaise smiled innocently.

Luce sighed and hugged Matteo tightly. "Look what you done." Matteo shook his head and continued to hold Luce in his arms. Matteo was at least half a foot taller than her, probably a little taller, but neither had ever minded.