Chapter 21: Lockets

Remus and Sirius decided to get up early at sunrise. They wanted to surprise everyone with Christmas breakfast before they started off with their activities.

The meal was going to consist of pancakes, French toast, fruit, toast, breakfast meats, and Minerva and Lucinda's favorite; biscuits.

"Moony, stop eating all the chocolate chips, otherwise there won't be any left for the pancakes," Sirius said, smacking Remus's hand away from the chocolate chips.

I'm sorry, Padfoot, but you know I can't help it. They are just so good," Remus said, placing a chocolate chip in his mouth.

Sirius started laughing. He should have known Remus was going to eat them. There was no point in stopping him.

Sirius went to set the table while Remus finished cooking, but he paused when he saw Luce and Draco laying outside in the snow.

"I'll be back in a minute, Remus," Sirius called out. He wanted to go check on the two, so he grabbed his coat, put on his shoes, and headed out to talk to Lucinda and Draco.

"Hey are you both okay? Why are you laying out in the cold?" Sirius asked. He sat down in front of them so that he could talk to them.

Luce knew that Sirius already knew about her nightmares, so she wasn't going to give him an excuse. "Nightmares, but I don't want to talk about it Sirius." Luce stated, still lying in the snow.

"Okay. How long have you been out here, the sun's almost up."

"Since before that." Draco responded, sitting up, and pulling Luce up with him.

"Alright, well you both are probably soaked and neither of you have any coats on, so let's go inside. It's Christmas and we don't need you both sick."

Luce and Draco got up and followed Sirius back inside.

"There you are-, what's going on?" Remus looked around the corner.

"Go take hot showers and then you can come back down here, the both of you. I'll make the fire again." Sirius ordered Luce and Draco, who nodded and went upstairs to their rooms.

"Sirius?" Remus questioned again.

"I don't know how to explain this, honestly, but the only way I can think of telling you in which you'd understand, is that they're living exactly how I was Remus. Luce's nightmares are getting to the point where she isn't sleeping anymore, just as I was. She closed off from her mums, but not on purpose; scared to the point where the only person who she truly can feel vulnerable enough to talk to is Draco. Minerva and Iris are trying to hard. Those visits to her parents aren't helping her and only made things worse now. I had you guys, but now that the law's have changed and the court's ruling, none of us can do much for either of them, except try to support them the best we can. I know for a fact that when I was them, what I hated more than anything was getting all this pity and nonsense questions or comments constantly, of things like, 'it'll be okay' or 'are you okay'." Sirius was sitting on the bar stool, under the small kitchen island. He sighed and ran his hands through his shaggy hair, before looking back up at Remus.

"I understand." Was all Remus said, as he wrapped his arms around Sirius and planted a single kiss on his head. "I understand."

About twenty minutes had passed and the two were working on breakfast once again; Sirius tended to a now steady, blazing fire in the living room. Luce and Draco came downstairs, in new clothes, and each in their House sweatshirt. They went and sat quietly next to each other on the small couch in front of the lit fireplace, under a blanket. The two ended up falling asleep in eachhother's arms, rather quickly as they were cozy and felt rather safe to do so; not mentioning neither of them have gotten much sleep. They stayed like that till everyone finally made their way downstairs by 10AM, still in their pajamas.

"Surprise!" Remus and Sirius said at the same time. Everyone's mouth dropped at the sight they were seeing. The kitchen and living room were lit up with golden lights, and the room was decorated with Christmas decorations. There were little trees and reefs, and little snowmen planted around the room. Oh and the table was a large Christmas breakfast.

"I-...what...you didn't need to do this. I was just going to get started on making-," but Molly was cut off by Remus.

"Molly, it's okay. Sirius and I wanted to do this. You do so much for all of us, and we both just wanted to thank you!" Molly smiled and gave Sirius and Remus her famous motherly hug. Luce and Draco woke up quickly before anyone noticed and went to join them.

Everyone sat down around the very large table to enjoy the holiday breakfast. "This is lovely! I love the chocolate chips, Remus," Iris said, smiling towards Remus.

"It was hard to keep him from eating the entire bag of them,"Sirius chuckled, and Remus playfully pushed his husbands shoulder.

"It's not my fault that you placed them right in front of me!" Remus spoke, stating his point. Everyone laughed. Their little argument reminded them of little children

"Luce, biscuits!" Minerva excitedly said to Luce. Minerva quickly reached out her hand to grab in and placed it on her plate.

"You are just as bad as Remus is." Iris chuckled.

"Thanks, I guess." Luce looked around at everyone who was already eating and laughing. She couldn't help but smile. Luce never really liked Christmas until now.

Ginny suddenly leaned over and kissed Luce's cheek. "Merry Christmas my love." She whispered into Luce's ear, who blushed slightly, which only made Ginny kiss her again.

"Eat your food Gin." Luce giggled and pushed her away.

Luce just picked at her food, eating small bites, until Draco and Ginny finished their plates. Once clearing their plates, the three of them went and sat on the couch by the lit fireplace. Luce had her head on Draco's shoulder, while Ginny and Luce held hands under the blanket. The three were quietly talking, till the others gathered in the living room, ten minutes later.

Molly smiled, announcing to everyone, "Time for gifts!"

As per usual, the first gift the children got were knitted sweaters, with their House colors and first name initial embroidered into it, from Molly; they got these every year.

Minerva and Iris handed their gifts out to everyone, getting each adult and child something personal in which they would use. Minerva and Iris did Draco's and Luce's gift last of everyone's. Minerva had handed Draco and Luce each, a small black, rectangular box. The two pulled out identical silver lockets, with a small green, heart-shaped gem at the top.

"You can open them, if you'd like." Iris showed them, pulling out hers. "The four of us have identical lockets, for our little family." Iris added.

Inside the locket was a picture of Minerva, Iris, Draco, and Luce at the wedding; they were standing together in front of Hogwarts, with the sky in the midst of its sunset colors.

"It's lovely mums." Luce smiled at them, as she put hers and then Draco's around their individual necks.

"Yeah, thanks." Draco added, tucking his locket, under his sweatshirt.

"Oh, and they are enchanted, so that we can always see your locations if we have too." Minerva beamed at them. Yet, Luce and Draco gave each other the same knowing, unsure and disapproving look; no one seemed to notice it though.