Chapter 9: Reunion

(TW: anxiety, toxic reunion, & 'hint' of abuse)

Luce had woken at least an hour after sunrise. As Headquarters was still quiet, she assumed she was the only one awake. To be honest she wasn't as tired as she thought, her nerves were making her more uneasy and fidgety anyways.

Luce stood, arms crossed looking out the window, zoned out. Obviously Headquarters had been spelled with multiple charms, such between invisibility to one's of protection. Either way, no muggle could see her, especially from the ground. Most to naive or distracted to be able to do so.

Luce was already dressed in her usual jeans, long dark-green shirt, and hair up. Today was Christmas Eve. Today was the day her parents and Draco would arrive and they would be here hopefully later in the morning.

Ginny herself woke up, almost twenty minutes later. After stretching, she noticed Luce wasn't there. "Luce?!" Ginny looked around the room and a second glance later, she saw Luce standing still and she assumed her arms were crossed from her stance.

Ginny got dressed quickly and then walked over to Luce. She tried to put her arms around Luce, but stopped momentarily when she jumped.

"It's only me, love." Luce let out a small sigh and allowed Ginny to wrap her arms around her waist. Luce herself had repositioned and therefore leaned back into Ginny's embrace.

"I'm scared, Gin." Luce whispered, still staring semi-blankly out the window.

"I know, love, I know."

The two stared out the window at the now falling snow, which had barely covered even the bushes. It was still pretty though. Ginny pulled Luce closer and Luce had let her once again. There was a mutual silence and one that held for a while, but broke with the knocks at the door.

"Come in!" Ginny and Luce said at the same time.

The door opened and in came Minerva and Iris.

"It's Christmas Eve!" Minerva and Iris shouted happily. They ran over to Luce and were about to hug her, but stopped, knowing that it might frighten her.

Luce stood there a little uncertain of what to do, but decided that she would give them a hug. She really did love her mums and she wasn't scared of them, but the thought of her last parents who were cruel and that big fight, amongst everything else, still scared her. She hugged them, but after 10 seconds she broke apart the hug.

"Indeed it is." Luce said, slightly smiling about the thought of the holidays.

"Is breakfast ready?" Ginny asked.

"Yes it is! Molly made a lot! But I would hurry before the rest of them, eats all of it!" Iris said laughing.

The four of them ran downstairs and sat at their usual places around the long table. Throughout the next half an hour the group of friends all ate their breakfast and were talking and laughing with each other.

Soon after, Molly, Minerva, and Iris were doing the dishes, when they heard a knock at the door. "That must be them, come Iris." Minerva was trying to sound more positive, but they were about to greet the people who tortured their little girl.

They got to the door and opened it to find Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco, standing at the doorstep. They stood there for a while, staring at one another until Iris spoke, almost coldly, "Come in." They stepped in and Minerva closed the door.

Terror started to bubble inside, as Luce could feel her heart rate increase as she waited every second, not knowing when they would turn the corner. It was nearing the early afternoon-1pm; her parents were almost late-she didn't dare to ask why.