Chapter 12: Happy New Years

(TW: anxiety, slight PTSD, very small spicy part, slight implications of homophobia, & mentions of disownment)

"Ah, only a few days till you lot go back to Hogwarts." Iris joined them by the fire.

"Do we really have to though?" Fred popped a sweet into his mouth.

"Yes, Fred, you do. No funny business this year." Molly pointed her finger sharply between Fred and George.

"Oh, Molly, it's all fun and games, have to pass time somehow."

"Sirius, don't encourage. You and Remus and-, your lot was just as bad, maybe worse." Minerva scolded, while everyone else sat back and laughed.

"That seems like a challenge, don't you think Freddie?"

"My thoughts precisely Georgie."

Fred and George high five.

"Albus, I'm retiring." Minerva joked, making everyone laugh more.

"We all know that's not happening any time soon Minerva." Everyone looked to the doorway to see.

There stood a man, red hair, just like the Weasley's and a scarred face. A woman wearing a tight blue dress, with her blonde hair pinned up, was practically clinging to his arm.

Tonks and another man, who was kinda short, with glasses and brown hair walked in behind her. Tonks came directly by Ginny, Draco, and I, not looking at her parents. Still, she smiled and nodded to Ginny, Draco, and I, before sitting back by Remus and Sirius.

"Hello Bill; welcome Ted." Molly smiled at them, but completely ignored the woman.

They all sat down, and the man Molly acknowledged as Ted sat by Andromeda. It took moments for Luce to actually process who that was, since she'd only ever seen his picture, yet learned much about him, from Lucius and Narcissa.

"Who are they?" The woman ask pointing at Draco and Luce, then Ted as well.

"Oi, right. This is Bill, my oldest son, his fiancé Fleur." Molly sounded as if she forced those words out. "Then, Ted, Andromeda's husband."

"For you two, that is Lucinda and Draco Malfoy. They're our niece and nephew; Luce has just been blood adopted by Minerva McGonagall and Iris Miracle." Andromeda explained with a smile.

"Yo-, you have scars like me." Luce whispered, pointing to Bill.

Bill smiled empathetically, "From a werewolf, but yes, scars nonetheless, child." Luce blushed slightly, nodded, and sat back.

Ted got up and walked to Draco and Luce. He held out his hand since it was kind of unexpected, and he was technically new, Luce flinched, at this.

"It's okay." Draco whispered to Luce, who was staring at the floor, semi embarrassed, before shaking Ted's hand. "Nice to finally meet you." Draco stated clearly.

"Luce doesn't do much physical contact, especially with men." Ginny explained to him, seeing Ted's questioning face, while she laced her fingers through Luce's, calming her down.

Ted nodded and gave a small, but sympathetic smile to Draco and Luce, before he walked back to Andromeda's side.

"Vat's that from, zour face, Ms. Malfoy?" Fluer asked in her French accent, drawing attention to her and Luce.

"I-, my uh-." Luce started to feel uncomfortable, with everyone staring back and forth between Luce and Fleur. She didn't know the people who just arrived. Her anxiety set off, she was used to people asking and always staring, but that didn't mean it made her comfortable. Luce buried her face in her hands.