Chapter 23: Last Day of Break

It was finally the last day of break, and the entire household was trying to get prepared to go back to Hogwarts. Molly and Remus were preparing breakfast, while Sirius was helping the children get packed for school.

"Hey, I packed a couple things for you guys to use on a rainy day," Sirius said, giving a small wink. All the children smiled, knowing Sirius had given them things to prank with.

"Just remember not to use them in Minerva and Iris's class. Trust me because it's not pleasant when you do," Sirius warned.

"We won't!" Harry said. He couldn't wait to do the same pranks that his father and Sirius did.

A few minutes later, Molly called for breakfast. After the children ate, it was time for the group to head to the train station to go back to Hogwarts. All the kids found their own spot on the train because a lot of them were full. This meant that Draco and Harry had to share a compartment by themselves.

There was a long moment of silence before Harry spoke. "So, are you excited to go back to Hogwarts?" Harry asked.

"I suppose Potter. Ready to beat you in Quidditch like usual." Draco commented, being his usual self.

"Seeing as Gryffindor won against Slytherin in two of the three matches last year, I'll be winning."

"Ha, well, you seem to be arrogant Potter. You did fall off your broom in more than one match."

"That was your fault!" Harry laughed seriously, pointing at Draco.

"Where's your proof Potter?" Draco smirked.

"I hate you Malfoy." Harry muttered, in a more teasing way than any.

"Many do Potter, many do." Draco, replied simply, looking out the compartment's window once again.

Ginny and Luce sat with Hermione, Ron, and the twins, who'd just joined them.

"Oi, we're going to have loads of fun."

"Seeing we reckon it'll be our last chance." George finished, as the twins sat down, smooshing Ron in the middle; Ron shoved them off him.

"What are you two talking on about? You have to finish the year." Hermione questioned, putting one of this year's lessons books on her lap.

"We have a feeling." Fred answered.

"That's never a good thing." Ginny countered; everyone already agreed on this.

"Just wait and see you lot." Like usual, they got up at the same time and walked out of the compartment, sliding the door closed behind them.

The rest of the ride back to Hogwarts was filled with laughter and pointless arguments, like every other passing time.

They quickly filed out of the train and headed back up towards the castle. They hauled their trunks to the same spot, where they'd be magically transported back to everyone's dorms.

All students headed to different spots inside and on the Hogwarts grounds. Students rejoined their friends, while saying hello to all the Professors, Ghosts, and Portraits in the castle. They all relaxed about till the bells rang for the 'welcome back, dinner feast'. All took their spots amongst their House tables.

The feast started off as normal. First, Professor Dumbledore gave his welcome back speech. He was mainly talking about the next term and hoping all the students had a nice holiday, but none of the students were really paying attention. Finally, Dumbledore finished and all the food appeared on the tables.

"So, Minerva, Iris, how was the holiday?" Dumbledore asked the two, smiling.

"Actually, it went well, Albus. We got to spend time as a family, and spent time at the Weasley's. We've even got to spend time with Draco. We love him, Albus. He's a part of our family," Minerva said, grabbing Iris's hand lightly.

"I think Harry and him are getting a long pretty well, too!," Iris said, chuckling.

Minerva just hit her on the arm and rolled her eyes. At this point there was no point in saying anything.

At the Gryffindor table, Ginny and Hermione were talking to Harry. "So, what's going on with you and Ferret Boy?" Ginny asked, smirking.

Harry started coughing on a piece of chicken he was chewing. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"He's a terrible liar." With that Hermione, Ron, and everyone left the Great Hall, slowly going back to their Houses for bed.