Chapter 10: The following week...Christmas

(TW: anxiety, mentions of running away from toxic home life, & PTSD)

Narcissa had allowed Draco to stay the week and go to Hogwarts with the rest of the Weasley's. The two had also left for a Holiday of their own, almost as soon as they left yesterday.

It was just after dawn when..."Wake up!" Ginny jumped on the bed and fell on top of Luce.

Luce groaned. "It's too early, Gin."

Ginny laughed, and pushed Luce's messy hair out of her face. Giving her a kiss on the cheek afterwards.

"Ugh fine, I'm getting changed." Luce let off the bed, grabbed clothes, and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Ginny laid back on the bed, waiting almost ten minutes, before getting up and knocking on the door. The door opened seconds later. "You worry too much."

Ginny rolled her eyes, stepping back, to let Luce through.

"I'm fine, for now." Luce turned towards Ginny with a smile.

Luce wrapped her arms around Ginny's neck, making Ginny smile in return.

"You're beautiful." Ginny stated to Luce.

"No I'm not."

Ginny stopped smiling instantly. "Luce, what-. Oh, love." Ginny could tell what Luce was getting worked up about.

"Wherever I go, everyone just stares. People stop mid conversations just to catch a second look at me, people move to the other side of the street, people say things. I've tried to cover them up, but I-, I can't, not even with magic. I should be used to them by now but-, I-."

"Luce-," Ginny lifted Luce's face up, lightly tracing the visible scars that were lined across her face, with her thumb. "You're beautiful, you always have been, scars and all." Luce sniffled, and sighed.

"Mistletoe." Ginny smirked.

"What, there's no-." Ginny stopped Luce's words, pulling her into a sweet kiss, one that always gives Luce happiness and reassurance she needs.

They broke apart with a smile. "Merry Christmas, Malfoy."

"Merry Christmas-." Minerva and Iris walked in, both smiling and already dressed for the day.

"Everytime." Luce mumbled, stepping back from Ginny, making Ginny laugh.

"Awww, look at you two! Anyways, Molly has breakfast waiting downstairs," Iris spoke after laughing.

When the four of them got downstairs it smelled amazing. The table was full of the most delicious foods. It was also filled with Christmas decorations, both muggle and magical. This brought much cheer to the room. Everyone was able to enjoy breakfast without having to worry about the upcoming war or any recent events.

After breakfast, Minerva and Iris walked over to Lucinda and kneeled next to her chair. "We have a surprise for you," Iris whispered. "Uncle Albus owled us and said that if you would like, he could come over tonight and do the adoption." Luce nodded. Minerva and Iris smiled, before walking back around the table to their spots by Arthur and Molly.

As soon as they say down, Sirius, Remus, and a woman walked through, sitting in the three spots, across from Luce, Ginny, and Draco. "Everyone, this is my cousin-."

"Aunt Andromeda?!" Draco and Luce exclaimed, surprisingly at the same time, shocked; they cut Sirius off.

Luce remembered now. She had seen her Aunt, Andromeda Black, just briefly at one of the first Christmas parties she had attended, and once or twice at the Ministry, where he fath-, where Lucius worked. Well, he still does, but in a different position.