Chapter 26: The Unexpected

(TW: the evil pink cat lady, Voldy=threats/dangerous arrangments, & mentions of disordered eating)

All the students have been studying all throughout the castle. Some students decided to study outside since the weather was nice. Minerva was in her classroom preparing the exams when Iris walked in.

"Hey you!" She said, walking over to Minerva and kissed her.

"Hey you," Minerva replied back with a sigh. She leaned on Iris's chest and closed her eyes. Iris wrapped her arms gently around Minerva's back.

They sat there for a few moments. "What's wrong angel?" Iris asked, breaking the silence.

"Everything. Been busy with all the exam work," Minerva broke the hug and started placing the exams on the desks before she continued. "To add to that, we barely get time together because we're always busy. I keep getting these-these dreams where bad things happen to you and Luce, or about the first w-war. To add to that I'm so worried about our daughter. I feel like she is in danger and she is getting more distant with us. I-I just don't know what to do!" Minerva was now staring out of the window with tears streaming down her face. She just wanted the school year to be over so that her and her family can go home, and she can make sure that Luce is safe.

"Hey, you listen to me okay? She pulled Minerva into an embrace. "We are teachers, we are always busy. We are teaching these young kids to be the best witch or wizard they can be the best version of themselves. And I worry about Lucinda every single day, but we are also pushing her away by asking her all the time. We're just going to have to trust her, alright?" Iris wiped a tear off her face before she looked at Minerva and wiped a tear off of her face. Minerva nodded and soon after the bell rang. She kissed Iris one last time.

The classroom door opened and the students started piling in. Ginny and Luce came in and Iris told them 'good luck', before she walked out of the classroom.

Minerva began to speak, which all the students quieted down immediately. "Welcome to the OWLS exams. You all have worked so hard and it's time for each and everyone of you to show it." She looked at all the students, "Now, I would like to remind you that there will be no cheating, as I will find out. You will get ninety minutes to complete your exam. You may begin." Minerva said, all the students flipped their test over and began.

In the last half hour of the test Dolores Umbridge walked into the room and Minerva looked up from her desk.

"What are you doing here?! We are in the middle of taking our OWLS, Dolores!" Minerva hissed at her quietly, and all the students looked at eachother. Minerva held her hand up to Dolores, as she herself stood. "Now students back to work, there's still a half an hour left. You, Dolores, come with me."

The two went into the side office, but kept the door open a few inches so Minerva could keep an eye on the students.

"What is the meaning of this?"

"Albus would like to speak with you and he sent me to fill in whilst you do so." Dolores started promptly.

Minerva sighed. "Now? Why must he speak with me now, Dolores?"

"How am I supposed to know Minerva? I'm simply here to do as he instructed me, to supervise the end of the exam."

"Fine, but you do not speak a word to those kids, especially my daughter, unless you absolutely need to." Minerva eyed Dolores, annoyed, before walking out the class.

"Continue students, I'm merely here to supervise your exam and I expect you all to show me the respect I have shown for you." Dolores sneered at the students with her usual 'smile' and sat down at the desk. Many of the students sighed and rolled their eyes at Dolores' statement.